SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

12 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Watched Gene "creepy" Taylor's phone call to Klieman.  I hate the bizon more than most folks, but that phone call made me feel sad and uncomfortable. 

Was Whiskey Joe in the background singing "It's Cold Outside"?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Sorry to hear this

:bigsmile:

does this mean that all current players on scholarship can transfer, without any penalty, if they wanted?

Sorry to say that a good FB program losing a quality coach doesn't make all of the other FCS programs with crappy program and coaching staffs any more attractive. Maybe for a recruit or two for a year or two, but not for the long haul. 

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You do realize he's moving to Manhattan.........and not the one in NY.

1. Its not fargo. 

2. its not fargo.

3. more money

4. Manhattan KS probably doesnt have a stinking dump in town and on the upwind side of the prevailing wind for most of the year.

5. So in conclusion... its getting out of fargo. 

4 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Sorry to say that a good FB program losing a quality coach doesn't make all of the other FCS programs with crappy program and coaching staffs any more attractive. Maybe for a recruit or two for a year or two, but not for the long haul. 

Very true

but to my question - aren’t all current scholarship players free to transfer without penalty when there is a coaching change - or is it just recruits?

by the way - seen this before at the bisons and I believe they wii just reload. There is a chance a wheel Might go flat though 

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

1. Its not fargo. 

2. its not fargo.

3. more money

4. Manhattan KS probably doesnt have a stinking dump in town and on the upwind side of the prevailing wind for most of the year.

K State had some pretty impressive and fun football teams in the past. No reason they can’t become relevant again. They seem to have a nice stadium and enough money.

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Very true

but to my question - aren’t all current scholarship players free to transfer without penalty when there is a coaching change - or is it just recruits?

by the way - seen this before at the bisons and I believe they wii just reload. There is a chance a wheel Might go flat though 

I believe players can ask for permission to transfer.  I'm not sure on new NCAA rules and if schools can still permit where players can and can't go.  I also don't know if a coaching change would be good enough reason for the NCAA to waive the no sit policy.  They are not the most consistent on the enforcement of their rules.

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Very true

I don't think so, Unless they transfer down to D2 or lower they need to sit out a year. I don't believe recruits that have actually signed a letter of intent can get out unless the school releases them. Most schools would, but they don't have to. 

40 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I learned after Bohl left, don't get your hopes up about the Bison dropping back to the middle of the pack.   They are, beyond a doubt the luckiest SOB's I've ever seen.   They will have old and new coaches that will do the same as before, and we'll have old and new coaches that will do the same as before.   That's life.

You could maybe get lucky for one or two titles but cmon, this is not luck anymore. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

1. Its not fargo. 

2. its not fargo.

3. more money

I would go with Fargo over anywhere in Kansas.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

In all seriousness, SU should send him on his way, he just took another job.  I heard Bohl and Klieman had to be physically seperated in the locker room, I think in Frisco, when Bohl was hired at WY but stayed on.  

Recruiting and signing date......awkward!!

Klieman took the phone call to accept the job while at practice. KSU gives him $12+ million over the next 5 years and you think they aren't in a hurry to get him working? They have something like 9 commits, dead period starts Monday and early signing day on the 19th. I'm sure he's laser focused... 

• Upvote 1

"We recruit against Power Fives not on a yearly basis, but on a daily basis and we have a really good plan in place to try to attract and get some of those kids to come play in our system offensively and defensively."

Ummmmmmmm, Chris.  Yah, um, no you don't recruit against P5 schools on a daily basis and they hired you to beat Oklahoma and Texas.  The kids you're recruiting now are not going to do that.  Beating one P5 school a year for a player is not a daily basis. 

Holy sh-t what was that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"We recruit against Power Fives not on a yearly basis, but on a daily basis and we have a really good plan in place to try to attract and get some of those kids to come play in our system offensively and defensively."

Ummmmmmmm, Chris.  Yah, um, no you don't recruit against P5 schools on a daily basis and they hired you to beat Oklahoma and Texas.  The kids you're recruiting now are not going to do that.  Beating one P5 school a year for a player is not a daily basis. 

Holy sh-t what was that.

Well, they may offer several kids that have Power 5 offers every year, which they do, and get one or two each year. Maybe not on a daily basis though,