SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

46 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

As for NDSU football vs Rose Bowl, if only UND hockey could be so lucky to be competitively compared to upper level competition (NHL games?). Hell, the NCAA hockey regionals are typically half empty. 

No question that Football is more popular sport in NCAA and America. Some people don't like hockey, some people do. Some people like both hockey and football.......but to compare the level of play of FCS football vs. NCAA hockey is a quick way to lose all credibility in discussing sports. 

4 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I suppose if somebody posted something like “ good luck to the Bison tonight “ on this message board they would be banned for life from all things Sioux Sports and wouldn’t dare show up East of the Missouri River?

If I thought their fan base would wish us luck in the Frozen Four, I might (just might) wish them luck. But we both know that will never, ever happen.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

No question that Football is more popular sport in NCAA and America. Some people don't like hockey, some people do. Some people like both hockey and football.......but to compare the level of play of FCS football vs. NCAA hockey is a quick way to lose all credibility in discussing sports. 

There is no reason to compare NCAA hockey to FCS football. Compare NCAA hockey programs to each other or FCS football programs (like UND and NDSU) to each other. That’s simply it. No one can detail how it makes sense to do otherwise. 

As I stated before: I hate the comparisons between FCS Football and NCAA hockey. For one, they always end with UND’s fans looking beyond stupid. It is what it is. You’ll only hear “JV football” and “big boy real DI like UND hockey” come from the mouths of jealous, ignorant UND hockey fans.

• Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I suppose if somebody posted something like “ good luck to the Bison tonight “ on this message board they would be banned for life from all things Sioux Sports and wouldn’t dare show up East of the Missouri River?

Do whatever you want its a message board.  And people will do whatever they want in response, its a message board.  

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think we get a mix here of level-of-play comparisons, and level-of-popularity comparisons, depending on the poster and his or her agenda.  For level of popularity, the two ESPN GameDay trips to Fargo pretty much settled that argument, not to mention the TV ratings.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Good luck to NDSU’s two head coaches tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

As for NDSU football vs Rose Bowl, if only UND hockey could be so lucky to be competitively compared to upper level competition (NHL games?). Hell, the NCAA hockey regionals are typically half empty. 

^^^^^^

I am not the one who posted the above.

28 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

My point is NDSU playoff games, such as the one being played tonight, are not half empty. 

Nor are the semi-finals of the NCAA hockey tournament, regardless who is involved, which are played at a neutral site. But now you're moving the goalposts by using a single program instead of the entire subdivision. To prove the point, at this very moment, I could purchase 4 tickets on the 50 yard line, 3 rows up for a the other semi-final match-up. Total cost after fees: $125 total

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Nor are the semi-finals of the NCAA hockey tournament, regardless who is involved, which are played at a neutral site. But now you're moving the goalposts by using a single program instead of the entire subdivision. To prove the point, at this very moment, I could purchase 4 tickets on the 50 yard line, 3 rows up for a the other semi-final match-up. Total cost after fees: $125 total

I’m not interested in comparing NCAA hockey to FCS football in the context of this thread, as I clearly stated in my previous posts. It always ends in UND looking foolish. 

If you really want to, feel free to message me the actual average attendance of the NCAA hockey semi-finals. These are neutral site games whereas FCS playoffs are not (thus not entirely comparable). What is the average attendance of the NCAA hockey championship game versus FCS football championship game (as both are neutral site games) along with viewership numbers? 

• Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

That is much cheaper than Bob Seger and a fraction of Jimmey Buffett/Eagles...

Is this new with hockey seats half full....

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Interesting 

and that would be a good game!