SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Did someone say something about coach swirl before a key game?

Why'd the words "Motzko" and "Sioux Falls regional" and "Gopher job" and "SCSU bounced by USAFA" just jump to mind? 

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2018/03/20/motzko-declines-comment-gophers-job-talks-lucias-legacy-working-him/443661002/

Oh ... that's why.

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2018/03/27/scsus-motzko-new-gophers-mens-hockey-head-coach/463097002/ 

Wasn't part of that story that Motzko interviewed with Gopher brass in Sioux Falls? Yeesh ... 

All that said, given the choice, "no coach swirl" is preferred before any big game. I don't care who you are. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe this has been covered but is Kliemann not a state employee as being the head coach of NDSU. Isn't also being employed by another football team out of state a conflict of interest to his state position as NDSU head coach? As a taxpayer in the state of ND, I don't like what's going on here.

At least he is actually still working, unlike the other university football coach.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did someone say something about coach swirl before a key game?

Why'd the words "Motzko" and "Sioux Falls regional" and "Gopher job" and "SCSU bounced by USAFA" just jump to mind? 

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2018/03/20/motzko-declines-comment-gophers-job-talks-lucias-legacy-working-him/443661002/

Oh ... that's why.

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2018/03/27/scsus-motzko-new-gophers-mens-hockey-head-coach/463097002/ 

Wasn't part of that story that Motzko interviewed with Gopher brass in Sioux Falls? Yeesh ... 

All that said, given the choice, "no coach swirl" is preferred before any big game. I don't care who you are. 

Imaging for a moment Motzko heading down to Mariucci to address his new players, all decked out in the "M".  Then heading back to St. Cloud to coach a national semi-final in the next two days.  Sound absurd?  That's because it IS!  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

At least he is actually still working, unlike the other university football coach.

Careful, your lack of intelligence is showing.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe this has been covered but is Kliemann not a state employee as being the head coach of NDSU. Isn't also being employed by another football team out of state a conflict of interest to his state position as NDSU head coach? As a taxpayer in the state of ND, I don't like what's going on here.

Fair question, KSU already stated he's getting paid something like $88K for the remained of 2018, so he's on the payroll at two different state institutions. 

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Careful, your lack of intelligence is showing.

Fair question, KSU already stated he's getting paid something like $88K for the remained of 2018, so he's on the payroll at two different state institutions. 

I would think k states buyout money should be enough to cover Kleimans salary for one or two more games.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

relax

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Big Green said:

Great kid, but we dodged a bullet there.  I was told he wanted to play QB, and UND wanted him on defense so he went to NDSU.

I didn't hear that UND wanted Mertens on defense but wouldn't know for sure.  I was told by someone close to him that he told Dale that the deciding factor for him was full ride vs. half scholarship

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Us UND fans have nothing to criticize when it comes to logos. Ours is the worst in college athletics...... not even close

No, I'm sorry but no; you are incorrect. 

KSU just proved you incorrect.

And I believe WSU and EWU do the same. 

cougarhead-mixed.pngewu-logo.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

But this would have vaulted UND near the top. ;)

Sorry.........I can't help it. I laugh every time I see this

132815.jpeg

thanks for posting this!  I was looking for it awhile back but couldn't find it on here.  I forget who created it, but it is a true masterpiece.  I laugh my butt off every time I see it :lol:

The sad thing about these logos is that someone.... probably a contracted service not an actual employee, got paid many thousands of taxpayer money to develope this.About 1985 I was involved in a logo development and the fee was maybe $3000 to $5000. A rising sun logo, corporate colors, and hospital nsmecin a certain font...seriously.

sad to waste money and then who actually approved these... maybe same people who approved Seattle’s Grinch-like lime green football  uniforms... sorrybto becso critical 

35 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

The sad thing about these logos is that someone.... probably a contracted service not an actual employee, got paid many thousands of taxpayer money to develope this.About 1985 I was involved in a logo development and the fee was maybe $3000 to $5000. A rising sun logo, corporate colors, and hospital nsmecin a certain font...seriously.

sad to waste money and then who actually approved these... maybe same people who approved Seattle’s Grinch-like lime green football  uniforms... sorrybto becso critical 

Et tu Mamma? Been hanging out with @gfhockey?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Bohl loved WY before he took the job. He had mentioned that thats where he wanted to live when he retired. Plus he got a private jet at his disposal. With him being a pilot Im sure that was a pretty good perk.

Agree.  As a Wyomimg alum also, they love him and he loves it there. He still makes about 5x what he did at NDSU. I doubt he has any regrets. Go Pokes!

I also hope Coach K does great at K State.  Basically, I'd like to see a challenge to Oklahoma other than those d@$# Longhorns. 

I'd also like to see a home and home between Wyoming and K State.  They have a way of getting that done in Laramie with Power 5 schools.