SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

15 hours ago, SiouxperDave said:

It's the most wonderful time of the year. A friend posted this on FB yesterday.

ZZZBisonTix.jpg

This is probably the lamest thing I have ever seen in my life.  You would think a fanbase that has experienced that much success wouldn't have to try and convince everybody how great they are.  Embarrassing.

This was geeky fanboy Swanson on Twitter.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not as quick as passing the torch from Hakstol to Berry!

So there are two coaches for the game tomorrow night? 

Does CK step down?

Does SU fire CK?

Does CK get in an heated arguement with Entz like he did with Boyle?

Who cares about Hakstol, Berry, NCAA hockey, hockey-obsessed UND-ignorant Las Vegas-based donors, etc. in the context of this discussion??

UND hockey has no place in this current discussion. FCS Football and NCAA hockey are really becoming (and I guess always have been) apples to oranges comparisons. 

We all know which is more popular (hint: which sport is more popular). Although I love UND dearly, I hate the comparisons between FCS Football and NCAA hockey. For one, they always end with UND’s fans looking beyond stupid. It is what it is. You’ll only hear “JV football” and “big boy real DI like UND hockey” come from the mouths of jealous, ignorant UND hockey fans. No one else. Face it folks, NDSU’s FCS football success has earned them more popularity than UND men’s ice hockey ever could. Going to Vegas or NYC once every few seasons for a bought destination game (not earned) doesn’t justify that either. I just hope UND’s football program can start reaching the postseason for a start ...

And who is Boyle? You mean Craig Bohl? I doubt there will be an argument this time around. I’m just hoping South Dakota State pulls the upset, although that too is doubtful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Who cares about Hakstol, Berry, NCAA hockey, hockey-obsessed UND-ignorant Las Vegas-based donors, etc. in the context of this discussion??

UND hockey has no place in this current discussion. FCS Football and NCAA hockey are really becoming (and I guess always have been) apples to oranges comparisons. 

We all know which is more popular (hint: which sport is more popular). Although I love UND dearly, I hate the comparisons between FCS Football and NCAA hockey. For one, they always end with UND’s fans looking beyond stupid. It is what it is. You’ll only hear “JV football” and “big boy real DI like UND hockey” come from the mouths of jealous, ignorant UND hockey fans. No one else. Face it folks, NDSU’s FCS football success has earned them more popularity than UND men’s ice hockey ever could. Going to Vegas or NYC once every few seasons for a bought destination game (not earned) doesn’t justify that either. I just hope UND’s football program can start reaching the postseason for a start ...

And who is Boyle? You mean Craig Bohl? I doubt there will be an argument this time around. I’m just hoping South Dakota State pulls the upset, although that too is doubtful.

Were you waiting for your moment there?  Think he was just making the point that we had a quicker coaching turnaround when we lost our head guy to a different level.  

Like it or not we can't compare our FB program to theirs, so you are going to get comparisons of our top program (hockey, sorry) to NDSU.

Didn't miss a single home football or hockey game as a student at UND, does that make me an ignorant hockey fan?  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Were you waiting for your moment there?  Think he was just making the point that we had a quicker coaching turnaround when we lost our head guy to a different level.  

Like it or not we can't compare our FB program to theirs, so you are going to get comparisons of our top program (hockey, sorry) to NDSU.

Didn't miss a single home football or hockey game as a student at UND, does that make me an ignorant hockey fan?  

No and No, but you still may be ignorant.

Facts: UND and NDSU football not only are both FCS football programs but they are soon to be in the same conference.

Thus, of course they are comparable. You haven’t detailed a single reason why UND football can’t be compared to NDSU football. Furthermore, you haven’t detailed why UND hockey is more comparable to NDSU football other than they are the most successful programs for their respective institutions. That being the only similar metric does not create translatability. They are different sports; of which, the NCAA classification system is completely different for both.  

Bottomline: unless you can prove how comparing an NCAA hockey program to an FCS football program makes more sense than comparing two FCS football programs head-to-head, keep UND hockey out of this football discussion. You can go to the hockey thread if you wish to expand. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No and No, but you still may be ignorant.

Facts: UND and NDSU football not only are both FCS football programs but they are soon to be in the same conference.

Thus, of course they are comparable. You haven’t detailed a single reason why UND football can’t be compared to NDSU football. Furthermore, you haven’t detailed why UND hockey is comparable NDSU football just because they are the most successful programs for their respective institutions. That being the only similar metric does not create translatability.

I get you hate the hockey program.  You don't write a three paragraph diatribe if you don't (that's okay).  What I was getting at is that its basic human instinct to compare one's best attribute to another when a similar may be lacking.  And its leaning towards ignorance when the popularity of sport argument comes up because if that was all that mattered we would be talking about our soccer programs.

One reason UND hockey is comparable to NDSU football?  National Championships?

Can't wait to play the Bizen every year in football again!  God bless!!!!

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I know how to spell Boil, take a deep breath.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Lets get back to talking about which ticket is hotter. That was some good stuff

The Blenders at the Fargo Theater............................$165 per on Vividseats.  Who knew?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I get you hate the hockey program.  You don't write a three paragraph diatribe if you don't (that's okay).  What I was getting at is that its basic human instinct to compare one's best attribute to another when a similar may be lacking.  And its leaning towards ignorance when the popularity of sport argument comes up because if that was all that mattered we would be talking about our soccer programs.

One reason UND hockey is comparable to NDSU football?  National Championships?

Can't wait to play the Bizen every year in football again!  God bless!!!!

Whether I “hate” or “love” UND hockey is irrelevant to this FCS football discussion. 

You are ignoring all the detailed differences if you think success is the only component that justifies comparability. Completely different sport is the biggest issue.

Also, national championships is just another way to say success. 

And soccer is not the most popular NCAA sport. Not even close. That would be football then basketball. 

I too can’t wait for UND to play NDSU every season in football. Been a long time coming. And I get how at first (instinctually as you put it) it seems comparing UND hockey to NDSU football is reasonable, but it isn’t when you can compare UND football to NDSU football instead. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

Hotter ticket... that’s a tough one, lots of factors. The outdoor temp in Cali should be warmer than the indoor temp of the Fargo Loaf, until, that is, you factor in the size of the ass that will be sitting on top of said ticket. We’ve all seen bison fans on tv and in person and they’re fat, loud and stupid. I’d say your typical bison fan is larger than your typical Californian by a factor of pi. However, Smug levels are equal so the hot air factor is null. In the end, the ticket in Fargo is much hotter, because, as we all know, there’s nothing small about NDSU football fans.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

From a price standpoint per ticket (less games for football), it’s NDSU football. UND hockey has more games though and greater variability given the REA (general admission vs suites vs bar seats, etc.).

It’s not straightforward at all. 

Discuss, but remember this thread is FCS football based.

As for NDSU football vs Rose Bowl, if only UND hockey could be so lucky to be competitively compared to upper level competition (NHL games?). Hell, the NCAA hockey regionals are typically half empty. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

From a price standpoint per ticket (less games for football), it’s NDSU football. UND hockey has more games though and greater variability given the REA (general admission vs suites vs bar seats, etc.).

It’s not straightforward at all. 

Discuss, but remember this thread is FCS football based.

You must of been served a plate of cow sh$t for breakfast?