SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

And a few decommits and 2nd guessing on the 1st signing date followed by a staff gutting and a crappy hire for HC and for Klieman to steal the strength coach.

Anything else???   Oh, and Go Jacks!!  A loss to the Jacks.

I hear the strength coach is a single dad with kids still in school. He doesn't want to uproot them. My guess is Entz gets the job, elevated Roehl to OC and keeps half of the staff to keep current players and some commits happy. What was looking like a good early signing day looks like it won't be anymore. They will obviously lose some commits. 

7 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I hear the strength coach is a single dad with kids still in school. He doesn't want to uproot them. My guess is Entz gets the job, elevated Roehl to OC and keeps half of the staff to keep current players and some commits happy. What was looking like a good early signing day looks like it won't be anymore. They will obviously lose some commits. 

I think they retain a good chunk if not all.  For UNDs sake hopefully a few local guys take another look.

I think its odd they keep him in the office to coach the next few games.  If they continue to dominate it won't be an issue but if things get tough can you really look towards a coach that is leaving as committed??

Wish him well.  Very well deserved.  Thought maybe having kids still at Shanley would keep him around but you can't turn down $2,300,000.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

NDSU is the feeder program for the big boy schools in college football.

Anxious to see if the next guy keeps their dynasty going.  

Remember (12-10-16) how Richmond collapsed at E. Wash (38-0) the week after they beat us after the news of Coach Danny Rocco fully got out.

Now, I'm not say this landslide will happen, but SDSU could get the W, and next year not be as successful?

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Remember (12-10-16) how Richmond collapsed at E. Wash (38-0) the week after they beat us after the news of Coach Danny Rocco fully got out.

Now, I'm not say this landslide will happen, but SDSU could get the W.

You've been begging for the "slide" to happen for years.  SDSU could win, they have matched up pretty good with NDSU for years.  They are due for a playoff win at some point.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With the recent announcement my guess is one of two outcomes will happen Friday........Jacks sneaks out a win or NDSU beats them out by 3 scores. 

Those were the same outcomes if Klieman were staying.  I think NDSU is the more talented team and still wins but I agree, not the best time for an off the field distraction.

32 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

In all seriousness, SU should send him on his way, he just took another job.  I heard Bohl and Klieman had to be physically seperated in the locker room, I think in Frisco, when Bohl was hired at WY but stayed on.  

Recruiting and signing date......awkward!!

• Upvote 2

I learned after Bohl left, don't get your hopes up about the Bison dropping back to the middle of the pack.   They are, beyond a doubt the luckiest SOB's I've ever seen.   They will have old and new coaches that will do the same as before, and we'll have old and new coaches that will do the same as before.   That's life.

3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I learned after Bohl left, don't get your hopes up about the Bison dropping back to the middle of the pack.   They are, beyond a doubt the luckiest SOB's I've ever seen.   They will have old and new coaches that will do the same as before, and we'll have old and new coaches that will do the same as before.   That's life.

You really believe it’s luck?

• Upvote 2

After reading the facebook comments from media outlets, Bison fans are mostly congratatory, but others that are pissed said he doesn’t believe in loyalty. If only NDSU were to move up to a better conference like the AAC or Big 10. Some think he is gone now and who is going to coach the game in Frisco. Is Rocky Hager available for a second coming of Bison football. Lol!!!

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

After reading the facebook comments from media outlets, Bison fans are mostly congratatory, but others that are pissed said he doesn’t believe in loyalty. If only NDSU were to move up to a better conference like the AAC or Big 10. Some think he is gone now and who is going to coach the game in Frisco. Is Rocky Hager available for a second coming of Bison football. Lol!!!

Loyalty.........good one. That's probably coming from the 12 regulars at The Turf!

• Upvote 2

Watched Gene "creepy" Taylor's phone call to Klieman.  I hate the bizon more than most folks, but that phone call made me feel sad and uncomfortable. Actually felt bad for Fargo U folks.  The Bizon have built a dynasty, but it goes to show that a job at a mediocre FBS program is that much more desirable.  Whelp...Go Jacks!