SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

7 hours ago, petey23 said:

Bohl didn't handle things as well as Klieman. The thing that created hard feelings when Bohl left was he and his coaching staff tried to flip some recruits to Wyoming while the rest of the Bison staff was trying to keep their recruits committed...don't think that will be a factor this time as NDSU and K-State are not competing for the same type of athlete.

Right, SU probably doesn't want anyone K State is recruiting.

4 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Reminds me of 

“they were on the ice!” From a couple of years ago..

"Seniors, once a BiZon always a BiZon.  Trainers, tape everyones' hands in a horns up so when they wake in the morning the 1st thing they see is BiZon pride and......" ring, ring, ring "hang on for a second....yep, yep, OK, $2.3, yep, Ok."  Walks back....."trainers, never mind!!"

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Agree, just because someone comes from a big time school doesn't mean they will do any better.  At some point all the big time coaches started somewhere down the ladder as well, so whats to say Klieman doesn't follow suit.  He sure knows how to run a professional program, and the fact that you can keep a team focused on winning for that long is quite an attribute, either that or their talent level is so far beyond everyone else.  Either way, it reflects well on Klieman. 

I think just the names alone would be a big difference in recruiting.

Les Miles - Well known name in FBS college football who was successful at a big time football college....LSU

Chris Klieman - Successful FCS college football coach, multiple championships, ect….

Now don't het me wrong Klieman is a great coach and any FCS football program would be glad to have him but lets not forget that the only reason he got offered the job is 1) Gene Taylor and 2) Every other applicant who was more qualified turned it down. Not saying Klieman wont be successful at the next level because no one can say that. We will find out soon enough. Best of luck to him!

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

"Seniors, once a BiZon always a BiZon.  Trainers, tape everyones' hands in a horns up so when they wake in the morning the 1st thing they see is BiZon pride and......" ring, ring, ring "hang on for a second....yep, yep, OK, $2.3, yep, Ok."  Walks back....."trainers, never mind!!"

EMAW!

I’m not convinced that NDSUs huge advantage this whole time has been amazing coaching. Bohl would be doing better if that was the case. I think it’s the player culture established by the 2013 senior class. They set the expectations and the work ethic and it’s been passed along with each class. 

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m not convinced that NDSUs huge advantage this whole time has been amazing coaching. Bohl would be doing better if that was the case. I think it’s the player culture established by the 2013 senior class. They set the expectations and the work ethic and it’s been passed along with each class. 

Having the arguably the 3 best quarterbacks in FCS history back to back to back the past 9 years doesn't hurt either!! :wink:

10 hours ago, Go Hawks said:

i'm sick of being a UND FB fan and Vikings fan on a day like today. Man, did I choose the wrong teams to cheer for....

Isn't Bison football uncertainty a good thing for UND?!  This could be the first chink in the armor.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Agreed

4 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

The Bison have a long history of not choking in the playoffs.  What if the Klieman distraction is too much and they laid an egg against the Wabbits on Saturday?  OMG would Fargo be on suicide watch!  Will it happen?  Probably not.

I would have expected the suicide watch to have happened when JMU won at the dome. Turned out, Fargo didn't burn that evening.

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Agree, just because someone comes from a big time school doesn't mean they will do any better.  At some point all the big time coaches started somewhere down the ladder as well, so whats to say Klieman doesn't follow suit.  He sure knows how to run a professional program, and the fact that you can keep a team focused on winning for that long is quite an attribute, either that or their talent level is so far beyond everyone else.  Either way, it reflects well on Klieman. 

You are right Les Miles is a chump. He has only won one national championship. He has a lot to prove he will be better than Klieman.

3 hours ago, shep said:

I"ll bet that Klieman at KSU over the next 5 years will be better than Miles at Kansas. 

Miles got canned at LSU as his offense was as creative as UND"s over the past few years. That works at LSU for awhile when you can get great players on D to keep you in games. He does the same O at Kansas and it won't be close-Klieman will have more W's over next 5 years.

You are right Les Miles was a horrible coach with a shotty record. His national championship was just a fluke as his coaching had nothing to do about it. 

Im flabbergasted that some of you think Klieman is a better coach that Miles. Klieman has proved nothing at the FBS level and to say Miles record in the best conference in FBS was poor is seriously delusional.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Your close.  Go back to the 2010 class, the year they lost at EWU.  Wheels were close to coming off that program the year before and that class arguably saved Bohl job.   The young talent the years after performed. 

59 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

One can  not overlook one of the biggest factors in NDSU's success.

Image result for tim brewster

If NDSU didn't give Brewster at least 2 rings it is criminal on their part.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, homer said:

Your close.  Go back to the 2010 class, the year they lost at EWU.  Wheels were close to coming off that program the year before and that class arguably saved Bohl job.   The young talent the years after performed. 

That is the 2013 senior class.  They were young and impressionable in that EWU game. They never forgot that feeling and took it out in everyone til they graduated and that same desperation to win and prepare has continued on with each class.

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

One can  not overlook one of the biggest factors in NDSU's success.

Image result for tim brewster

If NDSU didn't give Brewster at least 2 rings it is criminal on their part.

Not really. How many legit B1G players did NDSU snatch from MN in that time? Marcus Williams, Billy Turner, and..... who?

46 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Isn't Bison football uncertainty a good thing for UND?!  This could be the first chink in the armor.  

The demise of the NDSU FB program was predicted when Bohl left. It didn’t happen. It sounds like K-State may want to keep their defensive staff in place. They were the third ranked D in the Big 12. If Larsen is smart, he elevate Entz to HC, Roehl to OC, and keeps most of the rest of the defensive staff. I think if that happens they won’t miss a beat. It could actually help in recruiting knowing the staff is in place for a few years rather than the uncertainty of Klieman leaving next year if it wasn’t this year for K-State. I am sure recruits have been hearing from other coaches that Klieman may not be around for long.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The demise of the NDSU FB program was predicted when Bohl left. It didn’t happen. It sounds like K-State may want to keep their defensive staff in place. They were the third ranked D in the Big 12. If Larsen is smart, he elevate Entz to HC, Roehl to OC, and keeps most of the rest of the defensive staff. I think if that happens they won’t miss a beat. It could actually help in recruiting knowing the staff is in place for a few years rather than the uncertainty of Klieman leaving next year if it wasn’t this year for K-State. I am sure recruits have been hearing from other coaches that Klieman may not be around for long.

I am not predicting that their demise happens, but had Klieman stayed at NDSU, I would say it is less likely to happen.