SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

52 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

King Pho is legit?

Haven't been there since the winter months.  But the couple of times I was there this winter, I thought it was clean and good.   Good tasting beefy broth, and it was perfect when I was once slightly hung over and 2nd time I was fighting a cold. 

On 8/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, Ozzie82 said:

One unmentioned place I like: Up North Pizza in EGF.

I want to love The Cay, but I think the wings are consistently overdone and average. Love the atmosphere. I'll keep trying it, though.

Haven't been to Speedway; I'll hit it up this weekend. Will go to Toasted Frog at some point, too. Usually have my daughter with me which makes Toasted Frog impossible.

Obviously Darcy's is a gem. Love love love.

Really like Sky.

I went to Speedway for the first time this weekend. Got the ribeye special. Food was good at a really fair price. I'll be back for sure.

Thank you for the suggestion, everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Just say in Chamber Facebook page Pub 76 (I think that was the name) was rebranded again at The Office Pub. That's what 3 name changes in 4 years? Reference point is the bar next to Casa Mexico  Mexican Village. 

Just a slight fix. :)

3 hours ago, northernraider said:

Just say in Chamber Facebook page Pub 76 (I think that was the name) was rebranded again at The Office Pub. That's what 3 name changes in 4 years? Reference point is the bar next to Casa Mexico. 

owner sold it...so new name change with new ownership

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 11:44 PM, Cratter said:

Based on a newspaper article?

I saw a Facebook review of it and they raved about it, amongst others who also tried and commented.

Ate there, was meh.

same as a gas station with chester chicken under a heat lamp, thats my 1ST HAND opinion.

By all means check it out for yourself though, thats the fun of trying new places, get to eat and have your own opinion.....

"Newspaper article"???.. where did that ASSumption come from?

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ate there, was meh.

same as a gas station with chester chicken under a heat lamp, thats my 1ST HAND opinion.

By all means check it out for yourself though, thats the fun of trying new places, get to eat and have your own opinion.....

"Newspaper article"???.. where did that ASSumption come from?

Pizza is actually surprisingly good there. Haven’t tried anything else yet 

The menu at Boss’ suffers a little bit from being too much. Literally, as the print gets kind of small. But the list of pizza selections alone should draw and hold your attention. Lots of specialty concoctions.

Chicken was good. Moist and not too greasy. We liked the spicy option...you can mix and match so probably best to experiment and try both.

Prices were fair, if not a tad high. I suspect coupons or loyalty programs would help. (I just remembered that I had a free pizza punch card at 1000 Degrees that never got redeemed.)

Biggest problem by far is the seating arrangement. Way too few tables. They’ll need to fix this ASAP if they want to survive. Other service bugs are getting worked out. Combining table service with self-service drinks was a plus, because the staff was spread pretty thin.

All in all, not a life-altering experience but we’ll go back.