SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

15 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

BWW is far from cheap. The wings are over $1 a piece. Boneless wings are overly breaded chicken nuggets too. If I was going to pay that much for a wing I expect more. That’s why Parots Cay is the place to go for wings. 

Yea, tough to beat blackened wings with a side of shark 25 and some ice cold brewskis 

• Upvote 2

Any classic restaurants that haven't changed decor in 30+ years in the Fargo or Bismarck area?

I'm thinking places like Grandma Butterwicks or (now closed) Del's in Grand Forks.

Those places even the locals forget even exists.

Krolls Diner was always a staple when I would visit the grandparents in Bismarck when I was a kid (and some now closed diner in the Kirkwood mall from the 80s).

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Any classic restaurants that haven't changed decor in 30+ years in the Fargo or Bismarck area?

I'm thinking places like Grandma Butterwicks or (now closed) Del's in Grand Forks.

Little Cottage cafe in Bismarck. 

And probably all the Krolls.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Krolls Diner was always a staple when I would visit the grandparents in Bismarck when I was a kid (and some now closed diner in the Kirkwood mall from the 80s).

Was the place in Kirkwood the 4B's Cafeteria?  That was a favorite of my aunt when we visited.

https://bismarcktribune.com/b-s-cafeteria/image_fbc00cbe-bf02-5c63-bfa9-ad141886a4b5.html

Ohm's Cafe in Mandan hasn't changed much since the 80's

• Upvote 1

Is GF ready for a Popeyes.....minus the stabbings, gun fire and employee assaults on customers of course.

The one in Fargo has good food, decent customer service and is pretty well run but I'm still partial to Chick-fil-A as it is still a couple notches above in all categories.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:32 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Is GF ready for a Popeyes.....minus the stabbings, gun fire and employee assaults on customers of course.

The one in Fargo has good food, decent customer service and is pretty well run but I'm still partial to Chick-fil-A as it is still a couple notches above in all categories.

Id like the option for change of pace, but you are correct a world behind The Chik...

On 11/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Mickey's is also where Charlie's mom worked in Mighty Ducks, for what that's worth :lol:

and where Arnold and Sinbad fought in Jingle All the Way, and many others.  Mickey's is not the copycat here, but more of a landmark (of sorts).

Places in Fargo-Moorhead that haven't changed would be tough as Fargo turns over so much that even places like Duffy's Tavern (opened in the late 1960's) probably look a little different.  Though not open as long, Vic's in Moorhead hasn't changed much to my memory. Honorable mention to Mick's Office, though I believe it moved in the last 30 years.  Dilworth still has the real Hi-Ho. 

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

and where Arnold and Sinbad fought in Jingle All the Way, and many others.  Mickey's is not the copycat here, but more of a landmark (of sorts).

Places in Fargo-Moorhead that haven't changed would be tough as Fargo turns over so much that even places like Duffy's Tavern (opened in the late 1960's) probably look a little different.  Though not open as long, Vic's in Moorhead hasn't changed much to my memory. Honorable mention to Mick's Office, though I believe it moved in the last 30 years.  Dilworth still has the real Hi-Ho. 

Mick’s Office has been in that location for at least thirty years. I spent three days there one night in the late 80’s with their long islands teas. Great blue collar bar with a college mix. Still has cheap draft beer and pounders with dollar 1/4lb burgers on Tuesdays. 

And of course, the Hi Ho is still pretty awesome just not as affordable as it once was.