SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 3/31/2019 at 10:13 PM, Big Lubowski said:

You're not quite right. We eat there all the time and know the owners--Trish & Jim. They have always owned Speedway, but took it over from a manager that wasn't getting the job done back in 08 or 09. The also owned Boston's but couldn't work with the franchisor so they sold the building to Space Alien's. Love the Popper burger, cheeser cheesers (deep fried mac & cheese), queso, and steaks. And the Speedway sauce!

You are forgetting the ham and cheese balls with a side of speedway sauce! Many people have tried to copy the sauce but no one does it like Speedway!

if you want an amazing burger a guy needs to try the speedway burger! Makes me hungry thinking about it....

The Speedway’s in ND go way back with this family owned business started by their dad. Sadly only one is still remaining and I wish Minot still had one.

30 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The Speedway’s in ND go way back with this family owned business started by their dad. Sadly only one is still remaining and I wish Minot still had one.

Amen! I really miss the Minot Speedway. It was always part of my family's dinner circuit when we went out for dinner. We always hit up the Speedway in Grand Forks though when we are there for hockey/football games.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Journalism 101.  Spell a person’s name or business name correctly.  The business logo literally says “Mamma,” not “Mama.”

Haha whoops! Did you see the editorial about Senator Paul Rand's vote against a robocalling law earlier this week?

On 6/5/2019 at 11:05 AM, streetsahead said:

I might make another account just to upvote this again.  That would be a slam dunk.

Decided to hit up Pancheros for lunch yesterday.  Their freshly made tortillas taste so much better than the reheated discs at Qdoba and Chipotle.

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Decided to hit up Pancheros for lunch yesterday.  Their freshly made tortillas taste so much better than the reheated discs at Qdoba and Chipotle.

Agreed. I also like that they have diced jalepenos as an option to add into the burrito.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Fun fact: I my 10 years of living in the area, never been to Taco John's. What am I missing? Better or worst squirts then Taco Hell?

My opinion is that it's a step up from Taco Bell. It's a little bit more expensive but I'm okay with that. 

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Fun fact: I my 10 years of living in the area, never been to Taco John's. What am I missing? Better or worst squirts then Taco Hell?

For what it's worth, I've actually never got the runs from Taco Johns. 

I'd agree with Johnboy that it's higher quality than Taco Bell, but you're still not missing much. 

On 6/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, northernraider said:

Potato Oles.  Who doesn't love tater tots with their tacos. :)

On 6/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, northernraider said:

Taco Tuesdays, 6 pack and a pound, Ole's... tough to remember a good experience at the Grand Forks TB. Taco Johns is pretty consistently on their A-game up there.

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Does anyone else think this town really needs to attract better restaurants? It just seems like we keep adding more of the same around here, its pretty lame.

Better chains or better restaurants? We need more non chain restaurants. The culinary scene in GF kills me.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Better chains or better restaurants? We need more non chain restaurants. The culinary scene in GF kills me.

Yes, not more chains per say. I just don’t know if it’s the market or the people here that prevent this. 

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Yes, not more chains per say. I just don’t know if it’s the market or the people here that prevent this. 

People. There are plenty of small towns with great little restaurants. We need more ambitious people like Kim from Sanders to push things and take risks. I’m a firm believer that a restaurant will succeed anywhere if their food is that good.