SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I am going to be in Grand Forks on an upcoming Sunday and Monday. Most of the places I used to consider for better dining when I lived in Grand Forks back in the 80's and 90's are long gone. Sanders will not be open, where do you go for a decent meal in Grand Forks these days.

I'm not a local anymore but Happy Joe's seems very kid friendly and they have the every popular buffet for kids. Be sure you get down to tailgate alley early so the kids can experience the team walk through and the marching band. There is usually a band and free food too.

• Upvote 1

I am going to be in Grand Forks on an upcoming Sunday and Monday. Most of the places I used to consider for better dining when I lived in Grand Forks back in the 80's and 90's are long gone. Sanders will not be open, where do you go for a decent meal in Grand Forks these days.

Texas Roadhouse is good value for the money. I get a steak dinner there for 10 bucks (6 oz. sirloin) every time and I've never gone away disappointed.

Noisey, but good food and good service at a good price.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a local anymore but Happy Joe's seems very kid friendly and they have the every popular buffet for kids. Be sure you get down to tailgate alley early so the kids can experience the team walk through and the marching band. There is usually a band and free food too.

We are staying at Canad, so will definitely be there for the tailgating. I remember Happy Joes. I had a girl friend in HS who worked there. Good idea.

I know one place you should not patronize....Ruby Tuesday's. Me and my wife went there the day before Thanksgiving last year. The servers didn't know what was on the menu, they had about a dozen cooks in the kitchen and it still took forever to get our food and the place wasn't even full.

Fun to go to IHOP to watch how bad the service is.

I like bww. They are expanding.

And JL Beers.

Toasted Frog: A younger "hipper" Sanders.

Heard the rumor southgate is closing. Turning it into Famous Dave's.

• Upvote 1

Toasted Frog, Blue Moose, Whitey's, Rhombus Guys, and Mama Maria's are all unique Grand Forks restaurants that are solid. JL Beers is a quickly expanding North Dakota original as well. Personally, my favorite place in town is the Parrot's Cay. Awesome wings, pasta, apps, and a good beer selection.

Mama Maria's is not very good. :( Bad experience at Rhombus Guys but I have only heard good things about it so I imagine I just had some bad luck that time.

Mama Maria's is not very good. :sad: Bad experience at Rhombus Guys but I have only heard good things about it so I imagine I just had some bad luck that time.

I never understood why people think Rhombus is so good when they do not even have a pizza oven. As for Sanders I was just back there last week and ate there 4 out of the 6 nights I was there, they were closed the first 2 of them.

The Drunken Noodle, which is in the old Applebee's on the East side, is also a good choice. I know the service was a bit on the slow side the first time I ate there, but that was also not too long after it opened. My guess is that, given a little time, they should've worked out the kinks.

• Upvote 1

I never understood why people think Rhombus is so good when they do not even have a pizza oven. As for Sanders I was just back there last week and ate there 4 out of the 6 nights I was there, they were closed the first 2 of them.

Cause people like the taste of their pizza. Voted best pizza five years in a row. 33 pizzas to choose from.

http://rhombuspizza.com/locations/grand-forks/

You can vote. Sept 22 town square. New contestants Marcos and pizza ranch.

• Upvote 1