SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

They might be there, but they won't be on my audio. 

96.1 The Fox on iHeart 

If I could get the radio and tv synced that’s the way to go, I’m not that tech savvy 

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, ZERO coaches do that now. None. Zero. Zilch. Mike Babcock is on line two for you. 

I agree with @stoneySIOUX. You can't scream and yell at today's college athletes. They'll just leave and go somewhere else. You yell at them and they tune you out. 

22 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Northeastern scoring first in their game didn't feel good. The goal by Simonson (and subsequent exhale) is the only memory I have of his four years.

Yup, remember them having a partial breakaway to start the game too and Cam coming up big. Huge simo goal, I exhaled too.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I'll just leave this here. :whistling:

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get." - Ralph Engelstad.

How many titles they win?

And be honest, you just googled quotes by guys named Ralph

”I’m in danger” -Ralph Wiggum

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

How many titles they win?

And be honest, you just googled quotes by guys named Ralph

”I’m in danger” -Ralph Wiggum

"I've still got it"-Ralph Malph

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Northeastern scoring first in their game didn't feel good. The goal by Simonson (and subsequent exhale) is the only memory I have of his four years.

Right.  After they won Hockey East and then we get them first round when they are probably the hottest team in the country.  The response that period completely shifted the momentum.  The 4th line getting a grind goal was huge. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I agree with @stoneySIOUX. You can't scream and yell at today's college athletes. They'll just leave and go somewhere else. You yell at them and they tune you out. 

1. if Schmalzt and his 11 points got upset and left bc bubs called him a soft lazy albino so be it...probably a good thing...go get another lindenwood transfer

2.. what else do you recommend to shake these guys up...reducing the private chefs at REA from 3-2..

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

1. if Schmalzt and his 11 points got upset and left bc bubs called him a soft lazy albino so be it...probably a good thing...go get another lindenwood transfer

2.. what else do you recommend to shake these guys up...reducing the private chefs at REA from 3-2..

Schmaltz's meaningful metric is faceoff %, not points.

7 hours ago, Big Green said:

image.png.f8c0c5043ce679f3f023828a5a057cb6.png

Bring this guy back to give them the look before Regional games, than bring Berry back for the Frozen Four.

What would Mr. hand do differently?

Show up at Gabers house and review historical neutral zone regroups on his time?

11 hours ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

The Big Ten is overrated.  UND will win this regional.  None of these teams remotely scare me.  

Famous (or infamous) last words. This is the regional that poor efforts go to die in. For all the talk about whether they’ve got the skill versus previous teams, the size versus their competition and their desire, the only thing that matters is can they put together 60 minutes of shut down defense and take advantage of offensive opportunities when they present themselves?  Yeah, yeah ‘speed kills’ and all that, but not at the expense of sound decision making. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Agree, you can't go almost 2 months of playing average hockey and then just turn it on against one of the most talented teams in the country.

To end January, dominating DU with then also a sweep of WMU in Feb was average. You’re right. Yeah they lost to Omaha and CC but I see that as a matchup/system loss vs playing average. The key is if they can adapt to a given style on the fly which they didn’t show they did in the Frozen face off but the 2-7 record in that game shows it doesn’t seem to mean much to them. Or just impose will and win regardless. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

What would Mr. hand do differently?

Show up at Gabers house and review historical neutral zone regroups on his time?

No Idea.  All I know is he had a knack for flipping the switch in the 2nd half.  

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I think it's hilarious that you think Bubs just avoids trying to motivate his team. It's just dumb.