...you are on a ship at sea...
...on a vast...
...calm ocean...
...gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking."

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think it's hilarious that you think Bubs just avoids trying to motivate his team. It's just dumb. 

didn't say he doesn't TRY to motivate his players....just saying whatever his way of trying to motivate the crew aint working that well.

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I call that the tap out game. UND would dump the puck into a corner and hammer the Gopher D and take the puck over and over and as the game went on UND would dump the puck in the corner and then go get it as the Gopher D tapped out and offered zero resitance and quit even trying to possess the puck.

Love that take!

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

"We review...
all the fears and anxiety
...which are so
inherently symptomatic...
...of a losing team.
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"

Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one...
... but infecting all.
Ah, but curable.

Now, I want you to imagine...
...you are on a ship at sea...
...on a vast...
...calm ocean...
...gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking."

This team can turn it around, just like the Knights in The Natural! ;)

2 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe Berry doesn’t put enough emphasis  into this big games , staying even keel and his team shows up flat at times , (Nashville , Las Vegas any Nchc games  at the Xcel. Not sure because I’m not in the locker room but in his 8 year run that’s is MO like it or not. Not saying you yell and scream but man try something different. He coached with Hakstol so he saw what it took to play well at the end of the year. 

for almost 40 years straight dave has ended his season as a player or coach with a loss.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Checklist for UND to win this weekend:

1) Bubs needs to yell and scream so the players are so scared of him that it motivates them somehow

2) Just do it. Go out and just win. Go. Get out there. Win the game because I said so. 

try it ....see what happens.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Question for you... was Minnesota not motivated when they lost to Quinny in OT last year? Was Miami not motivated when BU came back late from down two and won in OT in 2009? Was UND not motivated when we lost to Michigan in St. Paul in 2011? 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

And send a video of it to prospective recruits.   That'll get us some of those high enders Berry is so often criticised for hot getting.  

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Question for you... was Minnesota not motivated when they lost to Quinny in OT last year? Was Miami not motivated when BU came back late from down two and won in OT in 2009? Was UND not motivated when we lost to Michigan in St. Paul in 2011? 

apparently not

17 minutes ago, burd said:

And send a video of it to prospective recruits.   That'll get us some of those high enders Berry is so often criticised for hot getting.  

they are already not coming here so why would that matter

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

humpty dumpty pretty much wet the bed in that game......took the foot off the gas and everyone saw it.

that was all on him...plus that designed play by pecky to start ot was legendary.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952d7obfuecht4rpfoo5xz

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

humpty dumpty pretty much wet the bed in that game......took the foot off the gas and everyone saw it.

that was all on him...plus that designed play by pecky to start ot was legendary.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952d7obfuecht4rpfoo5xz

Nope. It was because they weren't motivated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

C'mon now, its a simple formula .... recruit grindaz (you want the right players, not the best ones), bag skate the team, threaten to replace a guy and flip an equipment table in the locker room. You'll motivate them to win a championship or maybe even the Olympics! 

That might have worked in my days, it isn't going to work today. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Do we struggle the same way every year? I already addressed this. 

We haven't won a title since 2016. I get that. I'm saying the reason is not some mythical belief that the boys have to have that is blessed upon them by Bubs. The boys have the motivation. We've lost for one reason... It's hockey. It's a bounce game in a one-and-done scenario.

Us losing in 5OTs to Duluth is not an indication of a lack of motivation. Losing to BU in OT on a play they literally made a rule about the next season is not an indication of a lack of motivation. Losing to Notre Dame, again in OT, is not an indication of a lack of motivation.... it's just frickin' hockey.

We've had a lot of frickin' hockey since 2016.  And it seems like frickin' hockey happens more often to some. Not saying yelling in the locker room is the solution - but we need to get the team beating our opponents for the puck and in the corners.  Also we need to stop the lackadaisical passes in our d zone and  stop getting out of position leading to easy goals.  We need intensity.  Some of that comes from what is emphasized in practice and some from the players themselves.  The frustrating part for me is that we had the defense playing fantastic hockey in the first half then not.  It seems like we have difficulty when pressured.  Our poor play against Omaha has us now playing Michigan in some garage rink instead of being closer to home playing the number 4 seed.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Irish said:

We've had a lot of frickin' hockey since 2016.  And it seems like frickin' hockey happens more often to some. Not saying yelling in the locker room is the solution - but we need to get the team beating our opponents for the puck and in the corners.  Also we need to stop the lackadaisical passes in our d zone and  stop getting out of position leading to easy goals.  We need intensity.  Some of that comes from what is emphasized in practice and some from the players themselves.  The frustrating part for me is that we had the defense playing fantastic hockey in the first half then not.  It seems like we have difficulty when pressured.  Our poor play against Omaha has us now playing Michigan in some garage rink instead of being closer to home playing the number 4 seed.  

Disagree with the first bolded. 1 team wins a title each season. Are you willing to propose a reason as to why it happens or why you feel that way that it happens more often to some (I'm assuming you mean to UND).

I agree with you that I think we've played worse defensively over the past month or so. I'm also confident that they will get back to that level on Friday. They were last there in the first round of the NCHC playoffs against Miami. It's not like it's been forever. 

My overall point to this run of conversation, it's not a lack of motivation. It's all about getting to our game and getting it done. The players do this. There's no doubt that they know what to do and how to do it. Just need to execute. And if it doesn't happen, blaming Bubs makes no sense to me. He's made adjustments. He did it in game against Omaha by bringing Johannes to the top line and you saw they play better in the third. 

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Disagree with the first bolded. 1 team wins a title each season.

I agree with you that I think we've played worse defensively over the past month or so. I'm also confident that they will get back to that level on Friday. They were last there in the first round of the NCHC playoffs against Miami. It's not like it's been forever. 

My overall point to this run of conversation, it's not a lack of motivation. It's all about getting to our game and getting it done. The players do this. There's no doubt that they know what to do and how to do it. Just need to execute. And if it doesn't happen, blaming Bubs makes no sense to me. He's made adjustments. He did it in game against Omaha by bringing Johannes to the top line and you saw they play better in the third. 

Seemed like we got the fast start we wanted against Omaha and then got outworked the remaining 58 minutes of the game.  We need Luddy to step up big time and our team defense has to be better or it will be a long day against Michigan.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jk said:

I have admittedly been a bit down on the squad lately, and it's not so much score related as it is the eye test.  In their five recent losses, when things have gone sideways, the team has just fallen apart late.  It has made for some memorable times for the CC and Omaha players and fans, all that rejoicing and celebrating, but it's been less fun here.

I think back to the all-time heavy line, Canady-Massen-Fabian, who turned momentum around time after time down the stretch.  Someone on this team needs to be able to do something to tilt the ice back.  I've had enough of Tigers and Mavericks flying around laughing in the closing minutes.

In the first few weeks this year you could tell this team could contend for everything.  That they could be that good.  We know they can play great.  Let's see it again please.

After  playing the Badgers early in the year, I thought this team has the potential to be a Frozen Four team.  Our defense was so good at limiting their chances and our goalie played great.  How do we get back to that?