SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes...i would challenge them....i'd take pretty boy dylan and call him a spoiled bitch pussy and a waste of talent, break his stick, and sit him for the first five minutes....so yes...that's what i'd do.

And some think I have gone off the deep end sometimes :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Big Green said:

image.png.f8c0c5043ce679f3f023828a5a057cb6.png

Bring this guy back to give them the look before Regional games, than bring Berry back for the Frozen Four.

37 years and counting of not being on a championship team........pass

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I agree with this in general, but the boys on the team understand the community, understand the fanbase, history, etc. It's always spoken, and it's written on the walls. Bubs not yelling at them is not the reason they didn't beat Omaha on Friday.

Yes, the team understands the fanbase & community all too well, yet all this understanding isn't pulling them out of a 1+ month funk. And I didn't imply that yelling was the solution, I gave it as an example along with being too soft as two extremes that don't work. 

If I were a coach, I wouldn't want my assistants being 'yes' men & walking on eggshells around me; I would want honest feedback about what things need improving. And if my assistants are as myopic as me about what ails the team, I would reach out to those who know Sioux hockey & have a lot of hockey experience under their belts (Gino, Blais, Eades, whomever) to determine if they see something that my staff & I are missing. I would try to listen to as many perspectives as possible, pride be damned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

What are we even doing?  This is the Maryland Heights Refional site for this weekend. 2500 seats. Can the NCAA put an end to this already?  Pathetic. 

IMG_5751.jpeg

My 3D printer created a better rink in my backyard this year. This is embarrassing ffs! 

26 minutes ago, .357 said:

Yes, the team understands the fanbase & community all too well, yet all this understanding isn't pulling them out of a 1+ month funk. And I didn't imply that yelling was the solution, I gave it as an example along with being too soft as two extremes that don't work. 

If I were a coach, I wouldn't want my assistants being 'yes' men & walking on eggshells around me; I would want honest feedback about what things need improving. And if my assistants are as myopic as me about what ails the team, I would reach out to those who know Sioux hockey & have a lot of hockey experience under their belts (Gino, Blais, Eades, whomever) to determine if they see something that my staff & I are missing. I would try to listen to as many perspectives as possible, pride be damned.

Agree - although I thought the addition of Karl and Dylan would do wonders to improve our defense and goaltending - and for a while it looked like we had it figured out.  This second half swoon is beyond frustrating.  And yet even with Karl we are continually relying on the portal for a goalie and had to fire the entire remaining defense last year and rebuild.  Watching this team mail it in is unbelievable.  

• Like 1

One common denominator is Berry , can he not motivate the troops, I know he is not playing but he puts a game plan together and get all the guys pulling in the same direction and that hasn’t happened much under his watch in the post season for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Saying this team mailed it in when, let’s be honest, the three games lost included zero games that actually mattered (minus retaining a 1 seed). They were locked into the tournament when they locked up the Penrose. There’s something to be said for competing (or being complacent)  in games that don’t hold much value. 

Hopefully they flip the switch but we’ll find out Friday night. In a game that really means something. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Langster019 said:

Saying this team mailed it in when, let’s be honest, the three game skid included zero games that actually mattered (minus retaining a 1 seed). They were locked into the tournament when they locked up the Penrose. There’s something to be said for competing (or being complacent)  in games that don’t hold much value. 

Hopefully they flip the switch but we’ll find out Friday night. In a game that really means something. 

Can this team just turn it off and on whenever it wants? I have doubts.

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Saying this team mailed it in when, let’s be honest, the three games lost included zero games that actually mattered (minus retaining a 1 seed). They were locked into the tournament when they locked up the Penrose. There’s something to be said for competing (or being complacent)  in games that don’t hold much value. 

Their floundering against Omaha cost us a number 1 seed in the regionals.  And from my seat it sure looked like "mailing it in".  Edit - and playing Michigan in the first round.

21 hours ago, jk said:

The nice thing is that since UND's game is the late game Friday, they're guaranteed to be one of the final nine teams left standing.

Seriously, though, I'll get to at least care about the first seven games, as I'm usually pouting too much after an exit to care about the rest of the tournament.

This is me too.

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Can this team just turn it off and on whenever it wants? I have doubts.

Agree, you can't go almost 2 months of playing average hockey and then just turn it on against one of the most talented teams in the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Let's channel our 2016 team for a big W over the Wolverine....

When Michigan tied that game in the third I thought they might be in trouble, but that group just dug deeper.  The same thing against DU when they were getting rolled in the third period.  The CBS line just wouldn't allow them to lose.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When Michigan tied that game in the third I thought they might be in trouble, but that group just dug deeper.  The same thing against DU when they were getting rolled in the third period.  The CBS line just wouldn't allow them to lose.

Haven't seen this group dig deep yet.

25 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

They have been locked into the tournament for a while now.  Fridays lost cost the team a chance at the nchc tournament championship.  It absolutely mattered.  If Friday didn’t matter neither than the last month and a half.  

1 hour ago, .357 said:

OMG all, R-E-L-A-X…..take time to enjoy the reason for the season! Go Sioux!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Just got done watching the Big Ten championship game between Michigan and Michigan State. The boy had better put on their big boy pants. Both teams hit like Mack trucks.

We don’t hit. We get hit

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Easy win for Michigan,

They should already be looking forward to playing their rival Michigan State for a spot in the Frozen Four!

Whoever wins the first game will fire up their conference mate for the second. I know I'll be PUMPED if Western wins.

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Don't forget UND getting a strange, somewhat lucky goal that hopped up over the Michigan goalie's shoulder.  AND that goal not getting overturned on what looked like a high stick entering the zone.  

Sure now that they won everyone says they knew that team was destined but at the time I don't remember it being so certain, especially after 16 years of heartbreak with some damn impressive teams.

You need a team playing their best hockey AND some luck. Hence why Michigan, Minnesota, Boston College, Boston University, and Wisconsin haven't won a title in over 12 years(or 26 if you're Michigan).  But it's probably just Bubs not yelling at his players enough :D

Northeastern scoring first in their game didn't feel good. The goal by Simonson (and subsequent exhale) is the only memory I have of his four years.