SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

The nice thing is that since UND's game is the late game Friday, they're guaranteed to be one of the final nine teams left standing.

Seriously, though, I'll get to at least care about the first seven games, as I'm usually pouting too much after an exit to care about the rest of the tournament.

• Upvote 1

A win against MI not only advances UND in the tournament, but also shines a positive light on our school to any blue chip recruits & worthwhile grinders who may be undecided. Free advertising.

6 minutes ago, .357 said:

A win against MI not only advances UND in the tournament, but also shines a positive light on our school to any blue chip recruits & worthwhile grinders who may be undecided. Free advertising.

According to the selection show we're a real heavy, in your face team.  Can't wait to see that!

• Upvote 1

So when are we going to find out more about Ludvig's 'situation'?  Or are they going to wait until after warmups on Friday to decide which goalie they're going with?  I would think as a player you'd like to know a little in advance so you could mentally prepare.

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

So when are we going to find out more about Ludvig's 'situation'?  Or are they going to wait until after warmups on Friday to decide which goalie they're going with?  I would think as a player you'd like to know a little in advance so you could mentally prepare.

I don’t know, in my opinion every goaltender should prepare mentally to play every game. Injuries, cold starts, the yips and everything else that can happen might happen!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I don’t know, in my opinion every goaltender should prepare mentally to play every game. Injuries, cold starts, the yips and everything else that can happen might happen!

I agree; but I'd want to give as much notice as possible to my freshman goalie.

• Upvote 1

The team has faced significant challenges recently. While they secured the Penrose Cup, subsequent performances have been disappointing. They were defeated by UNO, eliminated early from the Frozen Faceoff, and now face a tough Great Lakes Invitational (GLI) regional. Their recent form raises concerns about their prospects. There may be underlying issues, such as injuries or illness, affecting their play, as they haven’t displayed the same level of performance seen earlier in the season. The upcoming weekend will be challenging, especially if they advance past Michigan, with either Michigan State or Western Michigan as potential opponents. Making it through this regional will be a testament to their resilience and ability.

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

According to the selection show we're a real heavy, in your face team.  Can't wait to see that!

I see Perron, OMac, Blake, Gaber, and, um, ... yeah ... about that ... 

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

We were once upon a time this season - still trying to figure what happened to that team.  The regression of our defense is stunning - especially with the addition of a new defensive coach.  At one point we were very difficult to play against.   

To me it seems this regional and the end of season limpedness,

gives some people the option to take the excuse route to woe-is-me-ville....

"well it was a really tough draw in a tough region so gosh we just gave it our all but ...."

as opposed to standing up and embracing the expectations of success as the 1st seed they should have been.

who knows just seems like I'm getting this excuse-a-vibe by quite a few folks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish said:

We were once upon a time this season - still trying to figure what happened to that team.  The regression of our defense is stunning - especially with the addition of a new defensive coach.  At one point we were very difficult to play against.   

“At one point”. You have to remember that several of the teams we played early in the season were young. Now the freshman are de facto sophomores. Teams adjust, good teams adjust well. Life in the fast Lane baby!

The road to a Natty this year looks to be the most difficult of possibilities.  Start with Michigan then either State or Western to get out of the regional. That only gets you to potentially face BC then either BU or Denver in a final.   I LIKE IT!!!   Legendary stuff.

5 minutes ago, Bleedn Green said:

The road to a Natty this year looks to be the most difficult of possibilities.  Start with Michigan then either State or Western to get out of the regional. That only gets you to potentially face BC then either BU or Denver in a final.   I LIKE IT!!!   Legendary stuff.

I agree, time for this team to put its stamp on the 2023-2024 season. Ain't nothing to it but to do it.

• Upvote 1