SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

bubs needs to call blake, gaber, dylan, and perron and a dman into his office five minutes before the game cuss em out and take each one of their meticulously taped $300 dollar sticks and break em over his knee one by one and then yell at em "get the !@#$ out of my office and go kick their mf'n asses".....

13 minutes ago, 1972 said:

difference from 2016 to  today...i felt that 2016 team was the number one team in the country pretty much 75% of the year...not so much this year

DU was the only team that I felt could have taken the 2016 team out, as they were talented as well.
But yeah, that team was certainly a bit above everyone else that year.

This year, I wouldn't be surprised if any of 9-10 teams won it, UND being among that list.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bubs needs to call blake, gaber, dylan, and perron and a dman into his office five minutes before the game cuss em out and take each one of their meticulously taped $300 dollar sticks and break em over his knee one by one and then yell at em "get the !@#$ out of my office and go kick their mf'n asses".....

Is this what our new NIL collective is paying for?  ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

A nuanced approach.   This is a university, after all.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Yeah, that'll do it :silly:

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Berry is more likely to tape the sticks for the boys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Thanks coach! You should apply for the head hockey coach job because you have it figured out. The Bobby Knight or even Herb Brooks approach doesn't work anymore unless you want all of your top players to enter the transfer portal. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

DU was the only team that I felt could have taken the 2016 team out, as they were talented as well.
But yeah, that team was certainly a bit above everyone else that year.

This year, I wouldn't be surprised if any of 9-10 teams won it, UND being among that list.

i felt that DU was on par with that 2016 team as well.... it ticked me off every time that Q was reffered to as the #1 team...what did they have, 12 ties?  i wanted to play Q so bad...

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

blais did it AND laughed in their faces as they picked up their broken sticks.

Buddy, I think it's fine if you think that's how a coach should do things now, but it's just not like that anymore. It's been 20 years. Time to adapt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Buddy, I think it's fine if you think that's how a coach should do things now, but it's just not like that anymore. It's been 20 years. Time to adapt.

tell that to mr culture.

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Tell me. How are you "fixing the team" this year? How are you "fixing the program overall"? Would love the insight.

don't understand the question but currently we have one postseason victory in 7 or 8 years against an alphabet school in nowhereville........

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

don't understand the question but currently we have one postseason victory in 7 or 8 years against an alphabet school in nowhereville........

What don't you understand? You said the coach should yell at them and break their sticks. You suggest that's how this team would win more playoff games. Is that your approach?

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

What don't you understand? You said the coach should yell at them and break their sticks. You suggest that's how this team would win more playoff games. Is that your approach?

yes...i would challenge them....i'd take pretty boy dylan and call him a spoiled bitch pussy and a waste of talent, break his stick, and sit him for the first five minutes....so yes...that's what i'd do.

2 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Thanks coach! You should apply for the head hockey coach job because you have it figured out. The Bobby Knight or even Herb Brooks approach doesn't work anymore unless you want all of your top players to enter the transfer portal. 

Question for you & anyone else who cares to reply: If you're a head coach of a talented team, but the team morale is spiraling downwards & a bulk of your players are going through the motions right before the playoffs, what's the best way to collectively reach them & turn the situation around? Like you said, going caveman on your team will probably scare away some high-end talent; & being too soft encourages more uninspiring play because there are no consequences. Every problem for a coach has a solution, unless the problem lies with the coach himself &/or his staff.

• Like 1

Just now, BusinessSiouxt said:

Just got done watching the Big Ten championship game between Michigan and Michigan State. The boy had better put on their big boy pants. Both teams hit like Mack trucks.

watched it too.....i wanted msu, umichigan, or minny in the first round just so see what we got......both msu and michigan (and minny) got some boys that bring it.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes...i would challenge them....i'd take pretty boy dylan and call him a spoiled bitch pussy and a waste of talent, break his stick, and sit him for the first five minutes....so yes...that's what i'd do.

Yeah, ZERO coaches do that now. None. Zero. Zilch. Mike Babcock is on line two for you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .357 said:

Question for you & anyone else who cares to reply: If you're a head coach of a talented team, but the team morale is spiraling downwards & a bulk of your players are going through the motions right before the playoffs, what's the best way to collectively reach them & turn the situation around? Like you said, going caveman on your team will probably scare away some high-end talent; & being too soft encourages more uninspiring play because there are no consequences. Every problem for a coach has a solution, unless the problem lies with the coach himself &/or his staff.

I agree with this in general, but the boys on the team understand the community, understand the fanbase, history, etc. It's always spoken, and it's written on the walls. Bubs not yelling at them is not the reason they didn't beat Omaha on Friday.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, .357 said:

The beatings will continue until morale improves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1