SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol much like his combined -1 from his two years at UND didn't sound too bad, right?

Yes, Johnson was a dumpster fire in the several games I watched him.

2023-24 should have been his freshman year in college. Mistakes were made.

• Like 1

The way I see this season is this. We laid an egg against two inner conference foes, that we could not figure out, but were almost lights out against everyone else we played. As long as we don't go up against Omaha in St. Paul we will be a force to be reckoned with. The guys know what is on the line and they are not going to lay another egg going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Crazy stat of the day:

North Dakota: 1-8-0 against Colorado College and Omaha.

25- 3-2 against all other opponents.

that almost feels like a misprint

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Crazy stat of the day:

North Dakota: 1-8-0 against Colorado College and Omaha.

25- 3-2 against all other opponents.

UND's Kryptonite apparently comes out of Nebraska and Colorado. 

58 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

The way I see this season is this. We laid an egg against two inner conference foes, that we could not figure out, but were almost lights out against everyone else we played. As long as we don't go up against Omaha in St. Paul we will be a force to be reckoned with. The guys know what is on the line and they are not going to lay another egg going forward. 

For the last (2) games against CC and (3) against Omaha (all losses) the UND save percentage was 82% and the opponent's 95%.   UND had significantly more quality shots and "close shots" on goal and outshot the opponent by a margin of 181 (9 goals allowed ) to 146 (26 goals allowed).  The opponent's goals skewed significantly toward longer range shots.

We need solid play, not lose the goaltender battle, and a little puck luck, all of which are possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

For the last (2) games against CC and (3) against Omaha (all losses) the UND save percentage was 82% and the opponent's 95%.   UND had significantly more quality shots and "close shots" on goal and outshot the opponent by a margin of 181 (9 goals allowed ) to 146 (26 goals allowed).  The opponent's goals skewed significantly toward longer range shots.

We need solid play, not lose the goaltender battle, and a little puck luck, all of which are possible.

Don't you DARE bring in xG ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

What’s funny is the first year of the new Ralph Blais threw a garbage can trough one of the frosted doors going into the locker room , times change. 

did all the players transfer out after that microagression?

2 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

That!

57 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I bet he got their attention , but kids aren’t the same as they were 20 years ago and neither are their parents 

Participation ribbons given in the room at intermissions? 

• Like 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

My daughter's take (7 years old):

"If the goalie doesn't get scored on and we score we win both games daddy."

She's qualified to work for ESPN's college hockey coverage team! Prodigy! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Goon said:

Moore couldn’t handle the pressure of playing at UND. 

Maybe, but he was far too often the scapegoat. I always liked his game, but he was inconsistent. When he was good, he was really good. When he struggled, he really struggled. As you know, defense is not only the defensemen. It requires the forwards to also defend and cover their guys and also requires goaltending. 

• Upvote 2