SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

13 minutes ago, 108498 said:

Assuming NDSU wins. We can only lose one other game, right? Or can a 6 win season get us in? I feel losing just one other is still a tall task.

Well we need to lose 3 more games before we have to worry about getting in with 6 wins! I don’t want to be in the playoffs with 6 wins….. I want 8 or 9 so we can make a run!

1 minute ago, 108498 said:

I consider the NDSU game a loss. It is on the road and UND has not shown they can beat NDSU. That means UND can only afford 1 other loss this season.

they had lupke last year and we almost beat em...plus cam is one year worser

we can beat em...just make cam be the guy to beat us...

2 hours ago, Da Bears said:

Congrats on the win. You whipped our tails today in all phases of the game. 

I expressed some emotional thoughts about UND's class that I regret upon reflection. Football is emotional and today is incredibly frustrating. Good luck against Youngstown State. 

Yeah didn’t ruffle any feathers here, such a ludicrous observation that it was impossible to stretch a claim like that. Bubba has class, maybe too much at times. Do us a favor and make the playoffs please, too many teams self destruct after losing to UND…..

52 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Two missed FG by MO St kinda offsets that.

I was wondering how much those misses affected their team morale and intensity.

Agree, but we still had to hold them to FG attempts after getting them a short field. Those missed FG's we're real momentum killers for them for sure. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, gundy1124 said:

When we win in 2 days I am going straight to "being seeded" with "1st round bye", 100%. :D  

Prolly looking at a 5-6 seed this season.  Are the Bears the new UNI darling of FCS rankings??  We will see!! 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Actually after the win today.  It puts us in a much better situation.

Two winnable road games.  YSU and ISU.  Bison favored but let's play the game.

Home Abilene and yotes consider wins.   jacks let's play the game.

7-4

8-3

9-2.

The whole team made progress today.  CJ was outstanding,  money Maag, damn near every game hoosyourdaddy gain more in that game than he did all of last year with UNI.

OL had one bad game last week.  DB's made a nice stride today.

Let's play the games.

We needed to be 3-2 after the first five games and we are.  The young OL now has 5 games under their belt and are hopefully all fairly healthy again and can continue to improve.  Need to get a win at Youngstown and be 4-2 going into the bye week.....get some rest and also some more teaching for the young guys....and get ready for that second half of the season.  I'm SO ok with UNI cocking off how Hoosman was their 3-4th string back and he is our starter.....was a huge pickup getting him.....as well as Red.  

One of the best atmospheres in the Alerus I have been at.   Maybe not the loudest but crowd was having fun and into the game at the right times.  Music was good (maybe played a little when we had the ball) but entertaining.  Band was solid as usual.  Great afternoon. UND was solid but can improve so much.  

Stay focused next week and prove we can do it on the road.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, homer said:

One of the best atmospheres in the Alerus I have been at.   Maybe not the loudest but crowd was having fun and into the game at the right times.  Music was good (maybe played a little when we had the ball) but entertaining.  Band was solid as usual.  Great afternoon. UND was solid but can improve so much.  

Stay focused next week and prove we can do it on the road.  

How was the media on the catwalk