SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Cameron Peterka.
Then again, Brendan Hellevang was a machine from close; over 45 he got sketchy. 

I don't have distance breakdowns but for what it's worth Peterka was a career 72 percent FG kicker (58/80) over 4 years.

Hellevang was hella sketchy at 61% (45/73) over 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I don't have distance breakdowns but for what it's worth Peterka was a career 72 percent FG kicker (58/80) over 4 years.

Was I thinking Taubenheim but wrote Hellevang? 

We had a crazy run there for a while. 

How about this Fargo South recruit makes forget them all. :D

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2015 anyone...bueller...bueller....

Ok I'll give you there is a .5% chance.  But your comment that at 7-4 we probably don't make the playoffs.....is just way off.  Being 7-4 in the MFVC will get us in. 

11 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

The good ol' days certainly get better with age. Glas missed 29 FGs (67/96) over 4 years, Zeb missed 20 (45/65) over 4 years, and JGT, though having the fewest attempts of the three, missed only 13 FGs (31/44) over four years. Their career FG% are pretty close -- 69%, 69%, and 70%, respectively. 

Compare that to Brady Stevens, who has only been kicking FGs in 2021 and 2022: Stevens has missed 7 FGs (11/18) over those 1.5 seasons, for a 61%. AVG.

And most importantly...for me anyway is that he is 6-8 this year and just seems a lot better.  Last year he was the backup, came in, and he looked like a really bad backup.  His kicks just look better overall this year and he looks more confident.  But there are a couple of gauruantees in life......death....taxes......and SiouxFan97 saying 'Kostich gonna Kostich' anytime a FG is missed.  

• Upvote 1

So far we ended up the better end of the Stage/Steven PK deal:

Field Goals
Individual Field Goals Statistics
# Player FGM-FGA % I20 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Long BLK
90 Stage, Adam 3-5 60.00 % 0-0 1-1 2-4 0-0 0-0 35 0
Field Goals
Individual Field Goals Statistics
# Player FGM-FGA % I20 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Long BLK
92 Stevens, Brady 6-8 75.00 % 0-0 2-2 3-3 1-3 0-0 42 1

1 minute ago, FSSD said:

Because Schuster has been so efficient with his running this year.  It looked like MSU had a spy on him the entire game.  When you tie up a defender as a spy it makes a big difference.

So you're saying the game where they did run Tommy is paying dividends now where they're leaving a spy and Tommy doesn't have to run and be in jeopardy, aka they put it on film. Sounds win-win to me. 

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND is getting in with a 7-4 record and 5-3 in the Valley.

Full stop.

Odds are the 3 losses will be to playoff teams.

If they aren't then they are going to have a nice quality win or two to offset whatever loss would be left on the schedule.

36 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

The good ol' days certainly get better with age. Glas missed 29 FGs (67/96) over 4 years, Zeb missed 20 (45/65) over 4 years, and JGT, though having the fewest attempts of the three, missed only 13 FGs (31/44) over four years. Their career FG% are pretty close -- 69%, 69%, and 70%, respectively. 

Compare that to Brady Stevens, who has only been kicking FGs in 2021 and 2022: Stevens has missed 7 FGs (11/18) over those 1.5 seasons, for a 61%. AVG.

But, but our kickers suck because our coach sucks so you can’t tell us the other guys weren’t as good. Damn you and your truths.

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you're saying the game where they did run Tommy is paying dividends now where they're leaving a spy and Tommy doesn't have to run and be in jeopardy, aka they put it on film. Sounds win-win to me. 

Correct.

26 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Cameron was so dependable…but missed 2 in the championship game…heartbreaking.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Another clear example of you can't take some of his posts seriously at all.  There is absolutely ZERO chance we don't get in the playoffs with only 4 losses this year.  

my bad....meant to type 6 won't get us in but 7 doesn't guarantee us anything either...so we have to to win 2 more road games against ysu and isu and win at home v sodak and acu...and that still might be sketchy if our wins are against

uni

nau

msu

ysu

isu

acu

sodak

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There are momentum swings is a game, and this could of been a big one.

20 hours ago, homer said:

Could have but wasn’t.  

The defensive stop and missed field goal turning into UND points actually was a huge momentum swing for UND. 

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

We get SDSU at home this year and while the odds are they are the favorite, the game is at the AL so who knows what can happen. Regardless the most important game is this Saturday. One week at a time.

agreed...i'm looking forward to beating everyone including the bunnies and buffs

1 minute ago, Wright4UND said:

Has a MVFC team with 7 wins ever missed the playoffs? 

Let's not just shoot for 7 wins though.  Let's try and win each week!  Beat YSU this week!  G

if there is first for anything it always starts with und....so yes..let's get to 8 or 9!

• Downvote 1