SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Ok I'll give you there is a .5% chance.  But your comment that at 7-4 we probably don't make the playoffs.....is just way off.  Being 7-4 in the MFVC will get us in. 

Eastern Washington looking at least 5 losses, MIssouri State looking at least 5 losses, last year UNI got in with 6-6 - doesn't happen often and if we would have finished 6-6 last year we would have been on the outside looking in. Leave no doubt. 

Curious to find out from those who have been to other college FB games this season (not at the Alerus) if UND is still the only team that takes a knee pregame/pre-anthem? I haven't seen it elsewhere.

58 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Eastern Washington looking at least 5 losses, MIssouri State looking at least 5 losses, last year UNI got in with 6-6 - doesn't happen often and if we would have finished 6-6 last year we would have been on the outside looking in. Leave no doubt. 

But remember, the rules don't apply to UNI. Quality losses for them are like wins for us. :silly:

2 hours ago, zonadub said:

The defensive stop and missed field goal turning into UND points actually was a huge momentum swing for UND. 

I’d say they already had it getting 10 points in the final minutes of the first half to close the gap to a one point game.  

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Curious to find out from those who have been to other college FB games this season (not at the Alerus) if UND is still the only team that takes a knee pregame/pre-anthem? I haven't seen it elsewhere.

Kneeling pre-anthem is fine…just don’t DARE do it in a post-game prayer though!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

And most importantly...for me anyway is that he is 6-8 this year and just seems a lot better.  Last year he was the backup, came in, and he looked like a really bad backup.  His kicks just look better overall this year and he looks more confident.  But there are a couple of gauruantees in life......death....taxes......and SiouxFan97 saying 'Kostich gonna Kostich' anytime a FG is missed.  

He wasn’t working on being accurate last year before Stage’s injury. He was working on distance and getting touchbacks, hard to turn that around quickly to FG kicking.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, zonadub said:

The defensive stop and missed field goal turning into UND points actually was a huge momentum swing for UND. 

That stop and wiff could of gave our momentum more energy.
The post was about Missouri St. stealing the momentum from us, which never happened at that point.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:47 PM, Sioux94 said:

Everyone has to remember that Siouxfan97 yelled at Tommy for not running it on the play below. Tommy scrambled out to his left to bye time, yes he had a little open room but that defender in the flat was screaming upfield at him at full speed. Tommy wouldn't have picked up any yards on that play and he would have taken a hit. How many huge plays has Tommy made scrambling out to the right or left, and he has run it several times when it was completely wide open and picked up yards. But because Tommy threw it away on that play and doesn't run it every time he gets outside Siouxfan97 wants to pull Tommy and put Romfo in. He literally called for Romfo to come in and play yesterday, that is why you can't take half of his posts serious. Yeah let's pull a guy who is 1st in completions, completion percentage, and Interceptions in the conference for an unknown commodity just because he can run better. Makes perfect sense. 

PXL_20221003_031010792.jpg

PXL_20221003_033336090.jpg

I re-watched the game last night. With 7:29 left in the first, Tommy took off right trying for first down. A LB and DL from MoiSt both met him at the sideline, four yards short, and knocked him over hard. What'd he learn? Against these guys I'm not as fast as I think and they'll hit at the sideline. I'm glad he learned that early. It probably, smartly, went into later decisions, like above. 

• Upvote 1

One thing I noticed in re-watching the game that I didn't notice as much when it was Live, is how often Red was actually in and sent into motion, particularly in the first half.  He would go running across the and they had to adjust and follow him and definitely have to pay attention to him because of his speed and that he has picked up good yardage around the ends.  So even when he isn't getting the ball, he is having an impact.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

One thing I noticed in re-watching the game that I didn't notice as much when it was Live, is how often Red was actually in and sent into motion, particularly in the first half.  He would go running across the and they had to adjust and follow him and definitely have to pay attention to him because of his speed and that he has picked up good yardage around the ends.  So even when he isn't getting the ball, he is having an impact.  

Presnap motions can also help the qb understand what formation the defense is in, like man or different types of zones, based on if a player follows Red out or if they shift their secondary over to account for the extra man

37 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Noticed that too! Teams definitely need to eye him closely pre-snap and during the play as he's very versatile.

53 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I would guess he played a big impact on flstering the defense..  I feal like they were keying in on him and he causes other receivers to be open.

38 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I would guess he played a big impact on flstering the defense..  I feal like they were keying in on him and he causes other receivers to be open.

There was one play in particular I remember where Bo was out wide to the right by himself....Red went out in motion to the right .....the one defender moved over to follow Red....Belquist was wide open on an 8 yard in. 

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

Talking about Red, I didn’t check, did he go back in after he was hit along the sidelines. I noticed him favoring his shoulder he came down on as he got up.

I was wondering this too. Was just watching the long highlights but haven’t got to the 2nd half yet. 

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

Talking about Red, I didn’t check, did he go back in after he was hit along the sidelines. I noticed him favoring his shoulder he came down on as he got up.

He did, took a handoff out of the backfield after Smith got an ankle twisted and Hoosman had a helmet pop almost all the way off

On 10/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Well some colleges (I no longer follow pro football) do not take the field until after the National Anthem. Then there is no issue about kneeling/not kneeling.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Well some colleges (I no longer follow pro football) do not take the field until after the National Anthem. Then there is no issue about kneeling/not kneeling.

I didn't attend games way back when and the memory of TV coverage is probably a bit fuzzy, but as I understand it that used to be the normal before Sept. 11, 2001. College and pro teams were not on the field, and TV and radio coverage were always on a commercial break during the anthem. Sept. 11 and the outpouring of patriotism changed that, and some of excesses of that time have hung on to become the "normal" now.

• Upvote 1