SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Never forget Northern Alabama ala 2003.  The athletes that team had on offense, and they just couldn't get through the noise until it was too late. 

My freshman year of college. Had a blast at the game and was in the band. If I recall they were missing a pretty high caliber player, and if I really stretch my brain I feel like he didn't pass a drug test of something. 

Definitely loud, and was pretty excited that we got to take the trip to Alabama after the win. Great experience as a freshman, just too bad we couldn't beat Grand Valley.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Big Green said:

Not worried from a Attendance stand point, but am worried from a noise stand point.  Our crowd waits til 3rd down to make noise, theirs is loud the whole time on defense.  We need a passionate home crowd.  Make it difficult on their offense during their whole time on offense.

This concerns me as well.  UND can't win if its fans don't make the Alerus a true home field advantage.

24 minutes ago, Dustin said:

This concerns me as well.  UND can't win if its fans don't make the Alerus a true home field advantage.

The Alerus needs to play a part in this. "Get up it's third down" needs to be replaced with "Get up, the defense is on the field" or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

The Alerus needs to play a part in this. "Get up it's third down" needs to be replaced with "Get up, the defense is on the field" or something like that.

They should have a decibel gauge for the SU game and put the level up on the big board just as SU breaks the huddle so the crowd can see it.  That may amp them up to try and get it to 100 or more for each snap. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bison73 said:

El Chapo on BV.

I thought he was banned quite some time ago

he seems to show up on boards of whoever we play

is he self employed, don’t know how someone could employ him with his attitude 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

At this point I feel sorry for the guy.  A grown man going to message boards of our opponents (weekly?) and making profiles.  I feel as if I need to light a candle at church for him, like its past the point of him just being an idiot.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Hes been banned many times. But he then floods the site with new accounts. After awhile admin just gave up. He and a few others have ruined the place.

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Hes been banned many times. But he then floods the site with new accounts. After awhile admin just gave up. He and a few others have ruined the place.

NDSU actually took his tickets away from him one year. Why they let him back in is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

They should have a decibel gauge for the SU game and put the level up on the big board just as SU breaks the huddle so the crowd can see it.  That may amp them up to try and get it to 100 or more for each snap. 

Eh... they used to do that for Bison games and it was kinda corny.  Maybe they still do it. Either way... it was corny then and would be now.

Have fun, make it a good environment.  Hopefully in 50 years the guys who played can remember it like Bison73 can. 

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

My freshman year of college. Had a blast at the game and was in the band. If I recall they were missing a pretty high caliber player, and if I really stretch my brain I feel like he didn't pass a drug test of something. 

Definitely loud, and was pretty excited that we got to take the trip to Alabama after the win. Great experience as a freshman, just too bad we couldn't beat Grand Valley.

Brian Kelly is your Daddy. Go Irish! 

I kid.  But it is fun to see a team who beats you's coach go on to do big things. Makes the loss easier to stomach. 

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I’m glad you said that, I actually never knew Brian Kelly was the coach there. Crazy!

BK spent like a decade at Grand Valley. I'm not sure if he turned them into a powerhouse or he inherited a good gig. Maybe both? 

Easy to forget that these giants in football used to be people too lol. I think Saban's first head gig was at Toledo or something like that lol

On 9/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Doubt it, but I'm not up there. I would expect it will take a few visits, a few wins, and some crazy games to get the excitement level to where it used to be. UND is doing the right things with recruiting, conference affiliation, winning, playoffs BUT it is hard to overcome what NDSU has done over the past decade. Its a process, but it is on the right trajectory.

Great post.  

I dont expect them to beat the Bison this year.  But, I agree they are on track and making big gains for the near future.  

13 hours ago, Big Green said:

Not worried from a Attendance stand point, but am worried from a noise stand point.  Our crowd waits til 3rd down to make noise, theirs is loud the whole time on defense.  We need a passionate home crowd.  Make it difficult on their offense during their whole time on offense.

I remember watching NDSU beat Colorado State at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins.  Say what you want, but their fans are a HUGE advantage, even on the road.  Thats exactly what they did against CSU.  Yelled like crazy when CSU had the ball and only cheered between plays when NDSU had the ball.

Plus, they drank all the beer in the stadium. Lol. 

7 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

I remember watching NDSU beat Colorado State at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins.  Say what you want, but their fans are a HUGE advantage, even on the road.  Thats exactly what they did against CSU.  Yelled like crazy when CSU had the ball and only cheered between plays when NDSU had the ball.

Plus, they drank all the beer in the stadium. Lol. 

That's one thing we can all agree on, Bison, Sioux or Hawk...we drink all the beer.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shep said:

That's one thing we can all agree on, Bison, Sioux or Hawk...we drink all the beer.

Back in my day the beer was hamms, then Schlitz then old Milwaukee , doubt we see any of those in stadiums or tail gating 

9 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

If you need the home crowd to make noise to win I don’t think you are going very far in the playoffs 

Sorry, but this is a dumb post. I don't think anyone is saying the outcome of the game will be 100% contingent on the the crowd noise. It will be on players, schemes, turnovers, TOP, etc.

But to say crowd noise and home field doesn't play a factor is asinine. Are you going to tell me crowd noise does cause false starts or impact the QBs count? Does that not have an impact on the game? We have seen it at the Alerus, we have see it at the Fargo Dome, we have seen it all over college football.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1