SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I will say, I’m overall fairly impressed with Freund’s offense and Holinka’s defense, but it’s the game management from Bubba that has been awfully disappointing. Hate to say, cause he’s a good guy, but the sooner he retires/resigns, the better UND will be on the field. Of course, getting better players would also help, but UND needs better facilities which requires more $$ in order to secure this. 

I agree on Freund and Holinka for the most part, sometimes Danny overthinks situations.  Bubba is a great guy, but the game management is not even close to good enough.  He needs to find a way to farm that out to a coach who runs it and is communicating to Bubba in critical situations.  I keep going back to the NDSU fake punt.  Not calling a TO when NDSU didn't bring their punt guys out was the worst coaching move I have seen at any level this season.  Changed that game, the season and likely UND football.  A win in that game, in that situation, in that atmosphere, and all things UND football are significantly better.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If UND is going to get to the next level it has to fill these gaps:

1. Game/clock management/ play calling - Almost every MVFC game had at least one instance where game management, time management or play calling was just plain bad.

2. Vertical passing game - we can debate all day long about why we struggle to complete any deep passes but this is a huge problem.

3. QB as a running threat - Tommy needs to do what he did yesterday, 5-8 QB runs/scrambles for 50 yards changes the defense.

4. Field Goal from 45 and in have to be $ - This is D1 college football, most large school high school teams can kick field goals consistently from inside 35 yards.

I agree with all of your points here.  Here are my thoughts:

1. Bubba isn't getting bought out of his contract, so we are stuck here for a little bit, but my god I hope they learned a little something this year from their mistakes.

2. Could Caden Dennis be that guy that gives us that deep threat to spread the field next year, hopefully so.

3.  Tommy running as much as he did yesterday did really change things.  Hopefully he continues that next year and/or Feeney beats him out and makes those 5-8 plays with his legs a game that we need.

4. That new kicker we recruited looks pretty good.  Hopefully he will be that guy for us for the next four years.  Looks like a decent punter as well.  Looks like he should be able to put the ball in the end zone on almost every kickoff too. 

So 2-4 look like they could be promising for next year.  #1 issue....I guess we'll see. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

There was a time when 5-6 and losing to all of the Dakota schools would be considered a bad season.  Reminds me of the SNL skit Lowered Expectations.

You remind me of an SNL skit where the person pretends to be something they aren't.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You remind me of an SNL skit where the person pretends to be something they aren't.

Keep being happy with a stale old coach that will guarantee the program is never anything more than a game over .500 team and a 1st round exit from the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I hope everyone is ready to have Frisco shoved down our throats over the next month and a half. Same old crap, different year. :angry:

No one has ever even tried that crap with me and I’m old. It amazes me that folks would allow any thing from opponents fans affect us in anyway. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wr's.....again.

But if the line affords our QB 1.7 seconds to make a pass, how far downfield can the fastest WR get? This is a chicken/egg thing and I'm hopeful the OL is better next season. What is Lotysz's injury?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tell me about your offensive line and I’ll tell you about your season. 

I learned that from Bison fan @CAS4127. And given he’s UND Law grad I can accept it. 

If he's who I think he is (based on those initials) I was in Law School during the time he was.

5 hours ago, Kab said:

They were put there because of money

should have been a 3 or 4 seed at best

how do you figure this?

10-1, 1 loss by 7 in the road, went 3-1 vs the playoff teams, beat 7 ranked teams.  Outright champ of the strongest FCS conference

their resume equals the seed.  JMU was 0-1 vs Playoff teams, didnt even with their conference, Nova did.

Just now, tjbison said:

how do you figure this?

10-1, 1 loss by 7 in the road, went 3-1 vs the playoff teams, beat 7 ranked teams.  Outright champ of the strongest FCS conference

their resume equals the seed.  JMU was 0-1 vs Playoff teams, didnt even with their conference, Nova did.

Why are you here

you have Buffalo ville to post on 

Just now, Kab said:

Why are you here

you have Buffalo ville to post on 

same reason your fans post on our site, just doing some national reading tonight, trying to have a conversation but obviously you don't have any factual reasoning to back up the opinion you posted so sorry for supplying some facts, have a great evening