SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

so all tickets will be digital next year.  So I usually have 6 tickets and not all enter the Al at the same time.  

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/4/15/champions-club-season-tickets-renewals-coming-digital-tickets.aspx

From the article:

What if my entire party doesn't arrive with me to the game?
If arriving at different times, you can easily transfer a ticket to each member of your party prior to arriving at the game.  Once your guests have accepted the ticket transfer, they will have access to the ticket.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

From the article:

If arriving at different times, you can easily transfer a ticket to each member of your party prior to arriving at the game.  Once your guests have accepted the ticket transfer, they will have access to the ticket.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

From the article:

Easily should be in quotes.  Transferring tickets to your friends/kids should go relatively smoothly.  Transferring to your parents/elder relatives, not so much.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I understand the reasoning behind it (particularly costs) but I don't agree with it. I'm sure people will adapt but overall, its going to be fairly annoying, particularly for large groups or people that share tickets. 

Saves on costs, which they won't pass down to the consumer I'm sure.  Not a big deal to me for University athletics, but for pro sports or concerts, it would be nice if they passed that savings on down to the consumer.  

12 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Saves on costs, which they won't pass down to the consumer I'm sure.  Not a big deal to me for University athletics, but for pro sports or concerts, it would be nice if they passed that savings on down to the consumer.  

They did ... by not raising prices. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

From the article:

Would probably make it easier to sell a ticket as well, and less need to have tickets placed at will call. 

4 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Is it too late to amend conference by laws to penalize teams that fail to show up for games?  After this spring season's fiascos, I fear a precedent has been set for regular fall season "bag it if we don't feel like it" situations.

Which is why the MVFC needs to make changes this summer to penalize any team that chooses to forgo their season without a valid reason (Covid really being the only one, but that is not going to be an issue this fall.....hopefully).  A bad precedent has been set.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, tnt said:

Would probably make it easier to sell a ticket as well, and less need to have tickets placed at will call. 

Agreed on the sale part.

But also tougher to give tickets away to random people. I know we do plenty of that in the tailgate lot or even before a hockey game in front of the REA.

• Upvote 3

This is assuming UND doesn't continue to crap the bed on attendance because of COVID concerns and we can actually use our season tickets/seats.  Based on students pre-registering for next fall's classes in person/face to face I'm not holding out hope on athletic attendance.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

This is assuming UND doesn't continue to crap the bed on attendance because of COVID concerns and we can actually use our season tickets/seats.  Based on students pre-registering for next fall's classes in person/face to face I'm not holding out hope on athletic attendance.

Every one of your posts is an explosion of positivity, a ray of sunshine in a rainstorm. You must be a riot at parties!

36 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Every one of your posts is an explosion of positivity, a ray of sunshine in a rainstorm. You must be a riot at parties!

I have been told to avoid parties even though I have been vaccinated for months and I wear 2 masks.......

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dustin said:

What’s our recruiting been like on the defensive side of the ball?  If there’s one thing you can take away from our last 2 playoff losses is that we lack in run defense. 

One elite LB recruit and some other really good ones. No incoming 290+ lbers DL, we need to get ours up to size