SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nothing matters if the OL doesn’t drastically improve next season.

What would you have rated the O-Line this year vs Spring season? 5 vs 7? 6 vs 8? They appeared to me to be average or slightly above average. 

1 hour ago, shep said:

But if the line affords our QB 1.7 seconds to make a pass, how far downfield can the fastest WR get? This is a chicken/egg thing and I'm hopeful the OL is better next season. What is Lotysz's injury?

i don't think the oline was that bad this year considering all the new parts....

17 hours ago, tjbison said:

how do you figure this?

10-1, 1 loss by 7 in the road, went 3-1 vs the playoff teams, beat 7 ranked teams.  Outright champ of the strongest FCS conference

their resume equals the seed.  JMU was 0-1 vs Playoff teams, didnt even with their conference, Nova did.

Ignore the haters. Can't really argue with the resume. It is what it is.

5 minutes ago, shep said:

I put this in the game thread and it should be here.

Sam Robertson entered the Transfer Portal. 2nd DB in a week. 

Odom transferring doesn't bother me, as he never quite found a spot. I would have expected Robertson to get more opportunities than Odom; Maybe he just didn't care for the school or Grand Forks. Corner is deep so maybe that was a factor?

15 minutes ago, shep said:

I put this in the game thread and it should be here.

Sam Robertson entered the Transfer Portal. 2nd DB in a week. 

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Odom transferring doesn't bother me, as he never quite found a spot. I would have expected Robertson to get more opportunities than Odom; Maybe he just didn't care for the school or Grand Forks. Corner is deep so maybe that was a factor?

@shep if the 2nd DB you mentioned was Odom, I believe they moved him to WR a few years back. @siouxfan512 it sounds harsh, but from a roster construction standpoint, the Odom transfer is very helpful. I'm with you about not only it bothering me, but I think it's an overall plus.  The Robertson one from the surface level does bother me. Someone who was on the 2-Deep as a RS-Freshman. What I don't know and those in the know, I would be really interested to hear, is how real are these end of the year conversations? Could this actually be, we see X, Y, Z moving ahead of you? This one doesn't sit well with me. 

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

@shep if the 2nd DB you mentioned was Odom, I believe they moved him to WR a few years back. @siouxfan512 it sounds harsh, but from a roster construction standpoint, the Odom transfer is very helpful. I'm with you about not only it bothering me, but I think it's an overall plus.  The Robertson one from the surface level does bother me. Someone who was on the 2-Deep as a RS-Freshman. What I don't know and those in the know, I would be really interested to hear, is how real are these end of the year conversations? Could this actually be, we see X, Y, Z moving ahead of you? This one doesn't sit well with me. 

The guys who redshirted are likely better than him. Writing on the wall. Good luck to him.