SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-Drake Predictions

UND Fan

It's only one game, but if this is a really good team, like many of us think, the final score can't be close to what the line is now.

UND 38

Drake 10

Something in that range with the backups playing in the 4th would be a confidence booster. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The 2015 game definitely was way too close for comfort.  that score was 21-18.  We scored all our points in the first half then kind of fell asleep the second half which allowed them to comeback and make it a game.  This can't happen again.  Need to keep the pedal down if we get a lead early again.  The new spread offense will be fun to watch, but only if it is successful and produces points.  I think that our speed on offense is going to be too much for Drake to keep up with.  I don't know why the line is so low on this game.  True Freshman QB playing on the road for his first game against a pysical defense that we have....might be a long day for him.  It's certainly not going to be a blowout, but I am not predicting a close game like last time.  They will wear down the Drake defense and not led up.  Freundball is here!!!

UND 31

Drake 14

If by "fell asleep" you mean went ultra-conservative and made no halftime adjustments then you are absolutely correct.  I expect big things from our new OC, but in order to take a jump to the next level we need Bubba 2.0 instead of old Bubba.  Our new offense will only be as successful as Bubba lets it be.  Hopefully we will see change this season.  I think we will drub Drake, but will see some things that definitely need improvement.  That's what openers are all about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Irish said:

If by "fell asleep" you mean went ultra-conservative and made no halftime adjustments then you are absolutely correct.  I expect big things from our new OC, but in order to take a jump to the next level we need Bubba 2.0 instead of old Bubba.  Our new offense will only be as successful as Bubba lets it be.  Hopefully we will see change this season.  I think we will drub Drake, but will see some things that definitely need improvement.  That's what openers are all about.

I do think Danny will rub off on Bubba a little bit, and we will see at least a Bubba 1.5, maybe 2.0 by mid-late season if Danny is successful.

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If UND only beats Drake by 4 pts, the NDSU game will be a repeat of 2015 (which is bad bad bad).

I agree.  Average of 5 games in the past few years including Jacks/Yotes/Griz vrs Drake is 56.8 points vrs Drake 12.2.

If this game isn't somewhere around this average then we're still playing patty cake while SU curb stomps Butler 66-3. 

Drake beat Butler 36-6 last season, little side note.

• Upvote 1

31-6.

Our running game will not be where we want it to be yet but short passing game will hit its stride, their running game will do fairly well but will need to throw to catch up on the scoreboard, D will make life miserable for the true frosh QB.

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I agree.  Average of 5 games in the past few years including Jacks/Yotes/Griz vrs Drake is 56.8 points vrs Drake 12.2.

If this game isn't somewhere around this average then we're still playing patty cake while SU curb stomps Butler 66-3. 

Drake beat Butler 36-6 last season, little side note.

I'm glad SU has a cake walk week 1, let their new QB and other first time starters hopefully get a little over confident.  

• Upvote 1

not sure why people are thinking this will be a blowout? not sure how drake has changed in four years but i look at the defensive side at least for und compared to four years ago it seems like we had more if not a lot more of talent four years ago...and on the offensive side i would say we had more talent back then too.  And on top of that our special teams have gone from a b or c to an F.....