SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-Drake Predictions

UND Fan

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure why people are thinking this will be a blowout? not sure how drake has changed in four years but i look at the defensive side at least for und compared to four years ago it seems like we had more if not a lot more of talent four years ago...and on the offensive side i would say we had more talent back then too.  And on top of that our special teams have gone from a b or c to an F.....

:lol::lol::lol:- Hilarious 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

:lol::lol::lol:- Hilarious 

who would you rather have

2015 defense top 5 v 2019 defense top 5

Ratelle====Rodgers

Harris====Holm

Reyes====Lenoard Nelson

Labatt====Lawrence

Cieslak====Johnson

2015 Offensive Line v 2019 O line

Meehan===Waletzo

Miller===Tobin

Boas===Rooney

Anderson===Hergel

Stockwell===Russo

and we had santiago and olivera

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Ratelle====Rodgers

Harris====Holm

Reyes====Lenoard Nelson

Labatt====Lawrence

Cieslak====Johnson

Meehan===Waletzo

Miller===Tobin

Boas===Rooney

Anderson===Hergel

Stockwell===Russo

I am not going to play hypothetical player vrs player, totally pointless.

Ratelle is one of my all time favorites!!

We are a more athletic team now and have what I believe to be is a real college OC.

Watch Saturday, you might learn something.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Ratelle====Rodgers

Harris====Holm

Reyes====Lenoard Nelson

Labatt====Lawrence

Cieslak====Johnson

Meehan===Waletzo

Miller===Tobin

Boas===Rooney

Anderson===Hergel

Stockwell===Russo

Hold up, you said top five and didn’t include Bennett? Nicely done. And btw, Harris was not very good that year. He got burned a lot.

45 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Based on this, I’m amazed by just how bad people think UND is going to be this season ........

If ya’ll are accurate, then that spells change for UND football leadership. 

Just my feeling, I've no inside info. I picked UND to win by 4, cuz the coaches will hold back. Not at all meaning UND has any bad in them!

Coaches looking at 2 games in preparation for this week. 
We're going to show very little of our new look this week. Called surprise, an opportunity like this doesn't present itself too often (there are changes to our team and we get to play the Bizon the 2nd game of season).

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just my feeling, I've no inside info. I picked UND to win by 4, cuz the coaches will hold back. Not at all meaning UND has any bad in them!

Coaches looking at 2 games in preparation for this week. 
We're going to show very little of our new look this week. Called surprise, an opportunity like this doesn't present itself too often (there are changes to our team and we get to play the Bizon the 2nd game of season).

UND is not in a position to hold back and be cute. If they end up playing like that, they will go into Fargo and get crushed by NDSU. UND needs to let it rip and beat Drake by as much as possible. When they barely beat Drake in 2015, it didn’t help the team in any way, shape, or form. 

• Upvote 3

The conservative nature of this fan base is probably reasonable considering what Bubba’s UND teams have done in terms of losing games they shouldn’t. With that said, if UND looks sluggish and plays this game close, I’m going to be concerned given they play NDSU, SHSU, EWU, and UC Davis up next. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The conservative nature of this fan base is probably reasonable considering what Bubba’s UND teams have done in terms of losing games they shouldn’t. With that said, if UND looks sluggish and plays this game close, I’m going to be concerned given they play NDSU, SHSU, EWU, and UC Davis up next. 

If UND - Drake is close I'm not going to bother attending in person UND - NDSU, crush city.

Sept 14.  Drake is at SDSU.  I suppose that game should be close, too??:D  (we'll have to check the Jacks message board)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Brutal. We'll need @MafiaMan and his simpsons gif of that happens.

Drake had a winning record last year and they return a lot of their play makers and big boys. First game of the year on a new offense. A win is a win and I think it would be okay due to the fact that it might light a fire under the players and certainly the coaching staff to step it up for the NDSU week. Although completely blowing Drake out would make the fan base (including me) much happier and would probably give them some confidence and momentum going into next week which might be the best scenario possible. 

I do want them to run into a little adversity tomorrow though. That will give them some experience on how to handle it, because obviously they'll be running into that a lot next week. If everything is run easily and perfectly, that might not prep them as well for next week. 

54 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Drake had a winning record last year and they return a lot of their play makers and big boys. First game of the year on a new offense. A win is a win and I think it would be okay due to the fact that it might light a fire under the players and certainly the coaching staff to step it up for the NDSU week. Although completely blowing Drake out would make the fan base (including me) much happier and would probably give them some confidence and momentum going into next week which might be the best scenario possible. 

I do want them to run into a little adversity tomorrow though. That will give them some experience on how to handle it, because obviously they'll be running into that a lot next week. If everything is run easily and perfectly, that might not prep them as well for next week. 

This needs to be the Drake parents in the 3rd quarter.

F8264405-84C0-4224-AADE-EED764E233A3.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Will be interesting how this game plays out.  A lot of elements going on......first game of the year, new OC, an opposing team that plays good D...,etc.  Not sure freund will show too much considering who the next opponent is.  Play “simple “ , conservative maybe ?  Score dictated of course.   It would be great to see a blowout to prevent injury/s but would also be fun to watch und run up a score once.  That would give the home crowd a ton of confidence heading into next week.  Defensively, und will have no issues with their offense.  Would like to think 47-7. But if they play conservative 31-14.   100% chance they're not losing.

No injuries and kick their ass!!!  

• Upvote 2

I predict, just to get it on tape, ...

a bubble screen to Boltmann where he pauses long enough to look at the near TE running an out route across his eyes*. That'll slow down safety support on screens in a hurry. 

*or the far TE/WR running post.