SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-Drake Predictions

UND Fan

I'm with those who stress the importance of not looking ahead to the fargo team and taking one game at a time including Drake. Just two years ago back in 2017 we were a year off a great season and supposedly poised for another standout season followed by a deep playoff run. Then someone stuck a needle in that balloon.  Maybe I'm just old enough to remember all the times I've been disappointed, after all, I am a Minnesota Vikings fan too.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Doing a little research on the drake team ......they might a tough nut to crack.   Experience everywhere ....8 senior starters on O, and 7 on D plus 8 returning all conf players and one first team fcs all American 

Thought und had big WRs.  Their  3 starters are 6’5” 240 ( Chicago bears watching him) 6’4” 200 and 6’3” 225 ( all conf)...all seniors.  Had a combined 21 tds amongst them.  All but 1 OL are seniors. All over 290 pounds. Return top 3 rbs.  Not sure on speed as I haven’t seen any footage but they did keep up with Iowa st.....so maybe not bad. True fresh QB could hurt them tho. 

They hang their hat on their D ( top 15  in nearly every statistical category) and they return four all conf players including an all American safety.    Big boys too.  The 2 DT are 280 and 275 pounds.  All conf players. Their all American safety is 6’3” 205 and is a ball hawk  If their front four can get push and with their safety play they will test unds passing game.  ILB sen 6’1” 240 is all conf  player that seems to do everything. 

They have an all conf punter as well 

Overall they are very similar to unds size if not bigger just no idea on skilled players talent.  With their  experience highly unlikely they will be rattled.  They might even show up with some confidence rolled over from their last game against Iowa st .  Und cannot be looking ahead to ndsu   Take care of first game.  

Mentioned it before but I feel unds D will have no trouble protecting  home field.   It’s the unknown offense combined with their D that will be interesting to watch.  

And of course ST play  

nearly game day!!!!  

The Pioneer Football Conference called, they are looking for a hype man!!:D