SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-Drake Predictions

UND Fan

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hold up, you said top five and didn’t include Bennett? Nicely done. And btw, Harris was not very good that year. He got burned a lot.

i put johnson on there bc in our 3/4 def teh nose is very important for the lb's to do their job...shouldn't have said best but most important.

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I predict, just to get it on tape, ...

a bubble screen to Boltmann where he pauses long enough to look at the near TE running an out route across his eyes*. That'll slow down safety support on screens in a hurry. 

*or the far TE/WR running post. 

Damn it.  We we're saving that play.

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Damn it.  We we're saving that play.

Boltmann will run for 7 on the play, but the downfield glance will keep on giving. 

Somewhere PCM smiles. Ten years ago he wanted an offense where a second legitimate passing threat could be out there. Enter Boltmann, the WR converted from QB. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I predict, just to get it on tape, ...

a bubble screen to Boltmann where he pauses long enough to look at the near TE running an out route across his eyes*. That'll slow down safety support on screens in a hurry. 

*or the far TE/WR running post. 

A good/great OC or DC can exploit the opposers in many ways.  Rudy was out of date and clueless.  Freund is a breath of fresh air to this program....even though it took bubba 4 years to recognize ....the rain cloud is gone.  Something like you mentioned would of made Rudy’s head explode.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And you put Lenny over Canaday for what reason?

what defense would you rather have...the 2015 defense or the 2019?

what offense would you rather have...the 2015 offense  or the 2019?

and everyone knows that teh special teams in 2015 were probably somewheat better than now.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and everyone knows that teh special teams in 2015 were probably somewheat better than now.

2015 for both, I’m just saying you used the word best and left out the best player at two spots for this years team.

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Special teams is a major factor of this year.  If they have improved significantly ....Unds potential is through the roof.    The projected two deep roster on ST is not too promising though.  Not a good way to start the year when they add “or” next to names as starters.  And to have Wanzek back returning punts is just wrong.  Griebel should man that spot! ...No questions.  Maybe add in McKinney or fort occasionally but Wanzek with that large frame? Keep him fresh at WR.  Sure hands only gets you possession....”jukers” get you home runs, field possession or momentum swings.  

• Upvote 1

Doing a little research on the drake team ......they might a tough nut to crack.   Experience everywhere ....8 senior starters on O, and 7 on D plus 8 returning all conf players and one first team fcs all American 

Thought und had big WRs.  Their  3 starters are 6’5” 240 ( Chicago bears watching him) 6’4” 200 and 6’3” 225 ( all conf)...all seniors.  Had a combined 21 tds amongst them.  All but 1 OL are seniors. All over 290 pounds. Return top 3 rbs.  Not sure on speed as I haven’t seen any footage but they did keep up with Iowa st.....so maybe not bad. True fresh QB could hurt them tho. 

They hang their hat on their D ( top 15  in nearly every statistical category) and they return four all conf players including an all American safety.    Big boys too.  The 2 DT are 280 and 275 pounds.  All conf players. Their all American safety is 6’3” 205 and is a ball hawk  If their front four can get push and with their safety play they will test unds passing game.  ILB sen 6’1” 240 is all conf  player that seems to do everything. 

They have an all conf punter as well 

Overall they are very similar to unds size if not bigger just no idea on skilled players talent.  With their  experience highly unlikely they will be rattled.  They might even show up with some confidence rolled over from their last game against Iowa st .  Und cannot be looking ahead to ndsu   Take care of first game.  

Mentioned it before but I feel unds D will have no trouble protecting  home field.   It’s the unknown offense combined with their D that will be interesting to watch.  

And of course ST play  

nearly game day!!!!  

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Special teams is a major factor of this year.  If they have improved significantly ....Unds potential is through the roof.    The projected two deep roster on ST is not too promising though.  Not a good way to start the year when they add “or” next to names as starters.  And to have Wanzek back returning punts is just wrong.  Griebel should man that spot! ...No questions.  Maybe add in McKinney or fort occasionally but Wanzek with that large frame? Keep him fresh at WR.  Sure hands only gets you possession....”jukers” get you home runs, field possession or momentum swings.  

But you know Bubba - if we can get possession then we can maneuver for a punt and really pin them back.  

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I don’t think I can say which one I would rather have. Hindsight is 20/20 for 2015 but there’s a lot still up in the air for 2019. We have yet to see one live snap of this team. I am just excited for the possibilities of this team. 

• Upvote 1