SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

15 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Well there's no arguing that Wentz is always getting injured.   Good players know how to avoid those situations.

Yes good players know how to avoid being the recipient of a helmet to helmet hit to the back of your head as you're laying on the ground...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Like anyone is getting up from this intent to injure hit 

20A8C1D6-3F55-4A89-955B-F7FB146C5F8C.jpeg

Coming from someone who is neither a Eagle/Seahawk/Bison fan, this should have absolutely been a penalty. It was an unnecessary and dirty play by Clowney. This has nothing to do with Wentz's "injury prone-ness", as most QBs, let alone RBs and WRs would have been out of the game after this ridiculously cheap hit. If this were Rodgers or Brady, the guy would have been ejected!! I feel for the guy. Get well soon Carson.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yes good players know how to avoid being the recipient of a helmet to helmet hit to the back of your head as you're laying on the ground...

Tough to avoid this one but two of his past three injuries have come tucking and running.  Doesn’t do a team much good to be on the sideline in big games.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Like anyone is getting up from this intent to injure hit 

Intent to injure? Or intent to put a hit on a QB who didn't slide to protect himself? I know you have some personal bias on this one, so I don't mean that negatively, no one wants to see players get hurt.

That being said, plays like that happen all the time. At full speed, Clowney went to put a hit a QB who didn't slide. He probably should have gotten a penalty for the helmet to helmet contact but he did catch him with his shoulder first. The partial clip in slow-motion makes it look different than it was in real time.

Hope it is not a serious concussion and Wentz can recover. The amount of injuries he's had in the last 4 years are starting to add up.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea, but what about the last few injuries he had?    Seemed he couldn't figure out how to slide or give himself up.     He certainly has a history.

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Look like he needs to learn to slide or to protect himself.  Wouldn't be helmet to helmet if he isn't diving forward.

If you watch the video he was wrapped up and going to the ground before he was hit. And I’m no bison or beagles fan. 

15 hours ago, Feff said:

I'm sorry but all of you saying he's a bust because of this latest injury are just incomprehensible. "Good players know how to avoid injury", tell me how exactly Wentz avoids getting hit while he's on the ground, with the defensive lineman coming from behind. That picture above is pretty clear as to how it happened. How do you avoid that?

Bud Grant said one of the greatest abilities is durability....

The helmet has become a weapon. And that's how it's being used. (See: Clowney on Wentz) 

If the NFL was serious about player safety they'd eliminate all poly/plastics from the uniform, as well as only allowing steel on the soles of shoes. 

Next, require "wrap-up, control to the ground" tackling. No more "run through and blow them up" stuff. 

Did I just say go to leather or carbon-fiber helmets and a return to tacking fundamentals?

Yup. I did. 

And I predict concussion would go down. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You have it, he needs to learn to slide.
Maybe it's already too late?   

Wentz was supposed to slide when? In the pocket? As he escapes he is tripped up. Falling to the ground, Clowney hits him helmet-to-helmet in the back of the head, and the front of Wentz's head bounced off the turf. I believe if this was a college game it would have been flagged for targeting. NFL really needs to ask itself if it wants to allow plays like this to happen again.  

27 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Wentz was supposed to slide when? In the pocket? As he escapes he is tripped up. Falling to the ground, Clowney hits him helmet-to-helmet in the back of the head, and the front of Wentz's head bounced off the turf. I believe if this was a college game it would have been flagged for targeting. NFL really needs to ask itself if it wants to allow plays like this to happen again.  

Only thing that is going to prevent it from happening is ejecting players from the game like they do in College.  Even of Clowney would have been flagged for it, it is probably worth it if he has to leave the game in his mind.  Eject these players from the game and they will think twice about doing it.   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

49ers DL is very good and Vikings OL still isn't very good. It is a simple game sometimes. Vikes have to continue to overhaul the trenches.

Really hope Cleveland decides to hire Stefanski as well.

I agree.  Our line wasn't going to let us beat SF.  Knowing that our line was so overmatched I can't believe they didn't try to spread them out more and attack with quick passes and some misdirection looks.

The right team won that game.