SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Wentz is over rated.

Respectfully disagree.  

I've thought about this, and if someone takes off their Bison-hating glasses, it seems fair to say that (1) Wentz is a truly gifted athlete who can make things happen with his feet the way few NFL QBs can, (2) he is an appropriate QB around whom to BUILD a winning franchise, but who cannot do it alone and probably does not have Brady-like title potential, and (3) we'll never know where he might be if not for the successive, season-ending injuries.

He has not quite lived up to his incredible rookie performance, but time will tell.  He is one of the most famous North Dakotans on the planet, and the current face of FCS in the NFL, and ND is well served by his success.

8 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Respectfully disagree.  

I've thought about this, and if someone takes off their Bison-hating glasses, it seems fair to say that (1) Wentz is a truly gifted athlete who can make things happen with his feet the way few NFL QBs can, (2) he is an appropriate QB around whom to BUILD a winning franchise, but who cannot do it alone and probably does not have Brady-like title potential, and (3) we'll never know where he might be if not for the successive, season-ending injuries.

He has not quite lived up to his incredible rookie performance, but time will tell.  He is one of the most famous North Dakotans on the planet, and the current face of FCS in the NFL, and ND is well served by his success.

I think the biggest issue is your #3. He is constantly injured. He was on MVP pace when they won the Super Bowl, but as we saw, a very average QB playing a bit out of his mind was able to lead that team. I think when Wentz is asked to lead the team when it's not the perfect setup, he has had some trouble with that. And his injuries probably play a big role.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Vikes game day vs Washington 

should be a fun game if you are a Vikings fan

MINN is a  -16.5 fav without Thielen. That's a crazy spread even though WASH is atrocious.

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

MINN is a  -16.5 fav without Thielen. That's a crazy spread even though WASH is atrocious.

Never overestimate the Minnesota Vikings. They are capable of losing any game at any time. I sat through all four quarters of the Buffulo Bills s*** show last year at US Bank Stadium. 

27 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

Never overestimate the Minnesota Vikings. They are capable of losing any game at any time. I sat through all four quarters of the Buffulo Bills s*** show last year at US Bank Stadium. 

Lol

exactly about never overestimate 

I have repeatedly fallen for this

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Chiefs leading gb 17-14 at the half

as a Vikings fan I am going for KC 

Watched most of it. Shouldn't really have been a game.

As a neutral observer(but also a Vikings fan pushing for KC, like you): I really thought they missed a shot to the head on a sack of Erin that would have extended a Green Bay drive in the second half. Also thought the hands to the face on the Green Bay defensive back was soft and it directly led to a KC touchdown where they would have otherwise had to settle for a field goal.

Remember when Vikings fans were pre-complaining the Packers were going to get to play KC without Mahomes and the Vikings would end up with Mahomes playing a week later? Didn't happen and couldn't even beat the backup....:silly:

Can't even decide who I'm mad at. Offense, defense, special teams, and coaching all seemed to play a hand in that loss.

An interesting rumor that the Chargers will move to London.  The Chargers games at the MLS LA Galaxy stadium has been more filled by visiting fans than Charger fans.  Their move to the new Rams stadium might be a big mistake as LA is indifferent to them.  Jacksonville to London was thought to be more likely, but the Chargers move out of San Diego has been a total bust so far.  London might be the cure, as both Wembley and Tottenham’s new stadiums would fit the bill.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2019/11/chargers-dispute-report-on-possible-london-move/