SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

22 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Okay.....predict the schedule. 

Tennessee....loss.  @Texans...loss.  @Seahawks....loss.  Falcons....loss.  @Green Bay....loss.  Lions.....win.  @Bears....loss.  Cowboys....loss.  Panthers.....win.  Jags.....win.  @Tampa...loss.  Bears.....loss.  @Saints....loss.  @Lions....loss.  

3-13 is absolutely on the table.  If it doesn't get them Lawrence then for the love of all things holy trade away future picks and get yourself some first round caliber lineman.  

The Devil on my shoulder hopes Cousins gets dinged up and they have to go with Mannion, which is guaranteed losses going forward.

The best part is none of those 3 wins are sure things either. Detroit has looked pretty good and led for at least a half in both of their first 2 games, should've beat Chicago week one and Jacksonville beat Indy who just kicked the Vikings butt. Carolina maybe Teddy will light up the Vikes or if McCaffrey is healthy maybe he can run all over them.

And now things get really ugly for the Vikings the next few weeks.  After this stretch they'll be 0-7.

If I'm them I don't even bring Hunter back.  Let him get completely fine and give it a go next year.  

Zimmer.....its been fun but this probably ends your stint in Minnesota.  Speilman too.  Its a business. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, The Sicatoka said:

If I set the season Vikings win total at 5.5 right now, over or under? 

Under

@ Houston, @ Seattle, vs. Atlanta, BYE, @ Green Bay, vs. Detroit, @ Chicago, vs. Dallas, vs. Carolina, vs. Jacksonville, @ Tampa Bay, vs. Chicago, @ New Orleans, vs. Detroit.

Maybe you can beat Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, or Jacksonville but a couple of those teams throw the ball really well and could have a field day with the Vikings secondary. 

I thought todays game went well for the Vikings. Made some plays, Jefferson and Cook both had some splash plays, defense was a little better at times including some actual pressure on a QB, and an exciting game that ultimately ends in a loss. I'd be happy if the remainder of the season played out exactly like today although maybe not let a DT completely wreck each and everyone of our OL at least a couple times on each possession. I'm all the way in on lose for Lawrence and bringing in a new GM and an offensive minded head coach.

13 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I thought todays game went well for the Vikings. Made some plays, Jefferson and Cook both had some splash plays, defense was a little better at times including some actual pressure on a QB, and an exciting game that ultimately ends in a loss. I'd be happy if the remainder of the season played out exactly like today although maybe not let a DT completely wreck each and everyone of our OL at least a couple times on each possession. I'm all the way in on lose for Lawrence and bringing in a new GM and an offensive minded head coach.

The true travesty is the o line play at the end.  But they won't get better going 7-9 this year.  Full on tank mode.  Keep players out that are dinged up and try and let Jefferson get better through the year.

4 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

In the meantime on Buffalo, Bohl's other QB is kicking butt.  I hope Wentz can turn it around. 

Tough to feel bad for an NDSU kid, but I'm 100 percent behind Wentz and hope he can turn things around for himself.

Not for Philly fans though, they can walk off a cliff. :lol:

• Upvote 2

I just don't see the Vikings losing enough to get a top pick and getting Lawrence, Fields or Lance.

Perhaps high enough to take a decent OLinemen yes, but not any of those three.

BTW:   How far behind must the guy they picked in the 2nd round be if they are starting Dru and Dakota at the guards?

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Tough to feel bad for an NDSU kid, but I'm 100 percent behind Wentz and hope he can turn things around for himself.

Not for Philly fans though, they can walk off a cliff. :lol:

No doubt Carson is struggling. Now once again injuries are piling up on the offensive side. And yes Philly fans are the worse. If he got traded tomorrow I wouldn’t blink an eye. In fact I’d celebrate with many brewskies. Gonna be a long season for sure