SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

Tyreek Hill getting loose on that 3rd and 15 is the spark it took, and with Mahomes that’s all you need.  All about quarterback play.  As a Vikings fan I’m all about the tank for Trevor Lawrence plan. I don’t think Spielman and Zimmer see it quite that way.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Let's talk some sports - Rhodes and Linval both got cut creating about $18.5 million in cap space.  

They are going to have to cut some more.  I've been torn on what they should be doing this offseason.  Part of me just wants them to go last year on Zim, Spielman, Kirk, and Cook and load up for one more run.  If it doesn't work... start from scratch.

The other part of me says:  tear it all down now. 

The fact that Kirk hasn't has hit contract extended or reworked yet sends a signal to me that.... he may just go into this season without a deal. 

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They are going to have to cut some more.  I've been torn on what they should be doing this offseason.  Part of me just wants them to go last year on Zim, Spielman, Kirk, and Cook and load up for one more run.  If it doesn't work... start from scratch.

The other part of me says:  tear it all down now. 

The fact that Kirk hasn't has hit contract extended or reworked yet sends a signal to me that.... he may just go into this season without a deal. 

It's definitely going to be interesting.  I love Dalvin, but at the same time if you look at all the recent megadeals for RBs it has not been good (Gurley, Zeke, Bell).  Extending Kirk theoretically gives them room to do some restructuring and create more space for this year, but i'm not sure 3+ more years of Kirk is the answer either.  I'm fine with Zimmer getting an extension,

9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Lots of stuff happening today:

Kirk signs an extension!

Diggs got traded to the Bills and Vikings got a nice haul back.

Houston trades Hopkins to Arizona for a used car... I mean David Johnson. 

Mariotta signs with Vegas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...