SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Vikes looked good. Beat a team they should beat

let’s hope for many more wins and a fun year! At least two playoff wins

Only two playoff wins would either mean the agony of yet another NFC Championship game loss(four in my lifetime???) or a new level of agony that I don't think my heart can handle if they were to lose in the Super Bowl. :D

I was still a bit young to fully understand how awesome '98 was up until the Atlanta game, obviously. 41-0, nuff said. Favre's run in '09 was a great one but also one of the most depressed moments of my sports fandom when they lost in New Orleans. 2017 in Philly is pretty much "41-0 Jr". That's enough heartbreak for this Vikings fan, I can't even imagine how the old-timers have witnessed multiple Super Bowl losses.:D:unsure:

On 9/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, HockeyFan31 said:

Only two playoff wins would either mean the agony of yet another NFC Championship game loss(four in my lifetime???) or a new level of agony that I don't think my heart can handle if they were to lose in the Super Bowl. :D

I was still a bit young to fully understand how awesome '98 was up until the Atlanta game, obviously. 41-0, nuff said. Favre's run in '09 was a great one but also one of the most depressed moments of my sports fandom when they lost in New Orleans. 2017 in Philly is pretty much "41-0 Jr". That's enough heartbreak for this Vikings fan, I can't even imagine how the old-timers have witnessed multiple Super Bowl losses.:D:unsure:

Still hurts today.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Green Bay vs Philadelphia 

not a big fan of the eagles because of  their unruly  fans ( and also because their mascot gets confused with ours - not :))

but then nobody likes the packers 

guess I will watch and hope they both lose

:D

talking to you ox!

Easy......

Question.  Are you not allowed to challenge pass interference the last few minutes, or had Green Bay used up all their challenges?  Seems odd they didn't at least challenge the interception play, so I assumed there was some reason they didn't at least give it a shot. 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

And Kaepernick still siting at home.  If he hasn't gotten the clue that he isn't good enough to be an NFL QB now (even as a backup), not sure he ever will. 

I don’t care if it is, and has been collusion among the owners to let him rot at home. Protest your misguided actions on your own time, not during your job which has made you a multimillionaire in the greatest country in the world. 

I haven’t seen Kaepernick in MSP or anywhere else protesting perceived discriminations. Google ‘Minneapolis assaults’. It’s sickening, but yet there has been minimal national attention.

.....end of rant. God bless America and those who defend her.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tbone said:

I don’t care if it is, and has been collusion among the owners to let him rot at home. Protest your misguided actions on your own time, not during your job which has made you a multimillionaire in the greatest country in the world. 

I haven’t seen Kaepernick in MSP or anywhere else protesting perceived discriminations. Google ‘Minneapolis assaults’. It’s sickening, but yet there has been minimal national attention.

.....end of rant. God bless America and those who defend her.

Don't start with the politics again. Please.

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Question.  Are you not allowed to challenge pass interference the last few minutes, or had Green Bay used up all their challenges?  Seems odd they didn't at least challenge the interception play, so I assumed there was some reason they didn't at least give it a shot. 

It's becoming clear that the refs are only going to overturn extremely egregious mistakes when it comes to PI calls. And this isn't a bad thing. I think the coaches are beginning to get the message; especially with the PI reviews earlier in the game.

10 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

It's becoming clear that the refs are only going to overturn extremely egregious mistakes when it comes to PI calls. And this isn't a bad thing. I think the coaches are beginning to get the message; especially with the PI reviews earlier in the game.

Creating the OPI's on automatic scoring reviews is going to be the bigger can of worms to manage I suspect.  E.g. Dalvin Cook week 2.   

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

But can a review only come from the booth in the last few minutes of the game and on scoring plays?