SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Nobody should go to London. London is an absolutely terrible idea unless it is London, Ontario.

It would open up such a can of worms of who would have to make the trip to London late in the year when bodies are already exhausted, nevermind those players in London having to make a trip every other week.  Doesn't sound realistic to me.   It really could become a players association issue. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tnt said:

It would open up such a can of worms of who would have to make the trip to London late in the year when bodies are already exhausted, nevermind those players in London having to make a trip every other week.  Doesn't sound realistic to me.   It really could become a players association issue. 

Spot on.  The union would kick and scream from the rooftops.   

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I thought I heard Florio saying the London thing is the NFL's threat in trying to get to a 17 game schedule. Not sure if there's any truth to that.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Vikes laying an egg today

down lots at half to Denver 

vikes have 47 yards of offense in the first half. -  ouch

they get booed of the field at half at home 

20 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Vikes take the lead in the fourth after being down 20-0 at the half

fun team to watch when they play well

I was at the game. What a swing of emotions. The two guys next to me damn near left at halftime and we all but prepared to leave if the 2nd half started poorly, and even though I was with a customer I may have followed right along with them. From wanting to leave to taking the lead late and thinking "holy s***, they are going to pull this one out of their collective a$$es" to watching them give up multiple 4th down conversions before finally stopping them on the goal line. Crazy, easily the most stressful football game I've ever watched in person.

Lots of orange there yesterday. Interesting for a 3-6 team coming in to have that many fans travel and/or come out of the woodwork in the Twin Cities. It was a fun atmosphere! Not hostile, just two fanbases cheering for their teams.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cost-l-stadium-mushroomed-183957198.html

LA's football stadium, originally projected to cost $1.86 billion, is now expected to cost over $5 billion!

Just have Newsom tack it on to the conservative estimate of $63B to finish that state's high speed rail train. I'm for CA succeeding from the USA.......or just falling into the ocean. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just have Newsom tack it on to the conservative estimate of $63B to finish that state's high speed rail train. I'm for CA succeeding from the USA.......or just falling into the ocean. 

Your post of November 8 and this post has me thinking something is bothering you.

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

Cousins is the least of their worries. Couldn’t stop the run, 218 yards on the ground and 40 minutes TOP for Seattle is a losing formula.  Also, Rhodes has become a liability.  

Cousins reminds me a bit of Romo. Historically doesn't do well in clutch situations and we saw a bit of that yesterday (overthrawn balls). But like Romo, that doesn't mean the loss is his fault. Our defense was bad, Bailey missed a PAT, we had turnovers, Cook got injured and yes, there were some blown calls and bad playcalls. The end result, we as a TEAM lost. 

Admittedly, I used to be an Anti-cousins fan and sometimes do still wonder what we'd look like with Keenum or Bridgwater. But the truth is Cousins is the best QB we've had in awhile and we aren't going to get anyone better in the near future. We still have games left and still have a very good chance to win the division or the wild card spot.