SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

The NFL will extend its daily COVID-19 testing period through Sept. 5, the NFLPA announced. This comes after the league declared the positive test rate of Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals to be lower than 1%. The league and the union’s original daily testing agreement ran through August 19. When the parties agreed on that time window, the agreement was they would move to every-other-day testing if the positive rate ended up below 5% in that period. But the sides made a preemptive move to err on the side of caution
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-will-extend-daily-covid-19-testing-period/ar-BB17Te9R?ocid=msedgdhp

image.png

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Is it too early for the Vikings to enter the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes?  

It might be a little early to give up on this season. I had some concerns coming into this season and week one didn't do anything to alleviate those concerns. But as a Minnesota sports fan I'm always hoping for the best and planning for the worst.

11 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

It might be a little early to give up on this season. I had some concerns coming into this season and week one didn't do anything to alleviate those concerns. But as a Minnesota sports fan I'm always hoping for the best and planning for the worst.

I can't believe they thought they could just fly with the CBs they had.  Holton Hill couldn't cover, Hughes is undersized, Gladney and Dantzler looked like rookies playing a hall of famer....And they made up for it by not touching Rodgers all day.

But other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? :whistling:

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I can't believe they thought they could just fly with the CBs they had.  Holton Hill couldn't cover, Hughes is undersized, Gladney and Dantzler looked like rookies playing a hall of famer....And they made up for it by not touching Rodgers all day.

But other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? :whistling:

Hunter hurt, Pierce opt-out, Ngakoue invisible yesterday.  Not a good start.    

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Reports are claiming NFL ratings are down 28%. 

Not shocked by this. They are all watching the NBA.

BTW did you see the statement  by Crapernick against the ambush shootings of the officers in Compton?

.....yeah neither did anyone else.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Tank for Trey.

There.  I said it*

*frustrating Half for the Vikings so I’m irritated 

I've always dreamed the Vikings would have a shot at Trevor Lawrence but I never really thought it was realistic but after these first two games I'm feeling optimistic. Vikings need to blow the whole thing up. Bring in a new GM and Coach and get rid of some of these guys that have been there a while. Defensively Vikes used to be aggressive and have some well designed pressure but now Zimmer just sits back in a base D and teams run and pass at will. Offensively Kubiak is stuck in football from like 10 years ago. 75% of the passing game is off play action and most of the rest is quick slants. Really no spread concepts at all. Can't get Cook near enough touches either. Think Zimmer also has played in big part in handcuffing what the offense can do the last 5 or so years too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I've always dreamed the Vikings would have a shot at Trevor Lawrence but I never really thought it was realistic but after these first two games I'm feeling optimistic. Vikings need to blow the whole thing up. Bring in a new GM and Coach and get rid of some of these guys that have been there a while. Defensively Vikes used to be aggressive and have some well designed pressure but now Zimmer just sits back in a base D and teams run and pass at will. Offensively Kubiak is stuck in football from like 10 years ago. 75% of the passing game is off play action and most of the rest is quick slants. Really no spread concepts at all. Can't get Cook near enough touches either. Think Zimmer also has played in big part in handcuffing what the offense can do the last 5 or so years too.

The 2nd reciever is something called Bisi Johnson.  The top corner is Holton Hill.

I've always been a Zimmer fan, but I agree.  Blow it up.  Get a young innovative offensive coordinator in there that can get creative with spreading the football around to different players.  

They just extended Zimmer, so its a few more years of this.  

14 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Vikings - ugh.  I didn’t watch the game but looking at stats it was ugly 

way to go Rodgers and the Pack

Brady wins

looking for catches from Arnold playing for Arizona 

Jets continue to stink

What’s up with Carson and the Eagles?

Wentz got booed off the field yesterday  even though there were no fans...just cardboard cut outs. I know it's Philly but that's rough. 

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The 2nd reciever is something called Bisi Johnson.  The top corner is Holton Hill.

I've always been a Zimmer fan, but I agree.  Blow it up.  Get a young innovative offensive coordinator in there that can get creative with spreading the football around to different players.  

They just extended Zimmer, so its a few more years of this.  

Even with the extension if the Vikings win like 4 games or fewer which looking at the schedule and the product on the field seems very possible I'd be shocked if Zygi didn't fire Zimmer and probably Spielman too.

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Even with the extension if the Vikings win like 4 games or fewer which looking at the schedule and the product on the field seems very possible I'd be shocked if Zygi didn't fire Zimmer and probably Spielman too.

Okay.....predict the schedule. 

Tennessee....loss.  @Texans...loss.  @Seahawks....loss.  Falcons....loss.  @Green Bay....loss.  Lions.....win.  @Bears....loss.  Cowboys....loss.  Panthers.....win.  Jags.....win.  @Tampa...loss.  Bears.....loss.  @Saints....loss.  @Lions....loss.  

3-13 is absolutely on the table.  If it doesn't get them Lawrence then for the love of all things holy trade away future picks and get yourself some first round caliber lineman.  

The Devil on my shoulder hopes Cousins gets dinged up and they have to go with Mannion, which is guaranteed losses going forward.

• Upvote 1