SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Not directing this at anyone in particular.  But wonder, after reading the comments on this blog, why in the hell the 'kid' or any other kid would want to come to UND?

Which he isn't, so move on.  This kid's recruiting got blown waaaayayayay out of proportion because it was UND/NDSU doing the bidding.

• Upvote 1

In general it looks like we could have a really good class.  QB would be nice though.    I see Forum guys tweeted he originally had a walk on offer from NDSU and that UND offered scholarship and that he now has committed to NDSU.  They don't mention that NDSU now offered scholarship too.  They  didn't get all the facts included.

qb would be nice though

53 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was told by someone that Rudolph made the comment that Mollberg would never play QB at UND as long as Rudolph was the OC. 

I believe he said that when Joe still had 2 years left.  Not sure why you would make that blanket declaration 

Because he was a back ally abortion of a qb coach and OC.

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Mr. Graetz. Great opportunity for him or any other young man to play FCS football and get a free education (albeit at the AC) to boot. Sounds like UND staff felt he was a quality candidate but he's not the first and won't be the last to be blinded by their recent success. Time to move the focus to one of several quality QBs still available.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Not directing this at anyone in particular.  But wonder, after reading the comments on this blog, why in the hell the 'kid' or any other kid would want to come to UND?

Well it is all about what is best for the student athlete, just like any decision to go anywhere. Personally what I see in UND football is an opportunity to play for a solid FCS program. Facilities are nice, the college itself is a solid university, etc etc. It is the coaches job to let these athletes know why they should come to UND. That's why they get paid the big bucks to coach year round.

I went back and found the part in the 360 Podcast in early January where they mentioned 6 QB's they thought we might have interest in.  Two are now "gone" (Graetz, Riley Kinney)

The four that remain:

Walker Kinney 6'3" 215# Stilwell, KS - Pretty good runner, has or had offers from WIU and SDSU

Jayden Johannsen 6'2" 200# Sioux Falls, SD - Believe NDSU offered PWO

Hayden Ekern 6'2" 200# St. Rita HS (Chicago), IL - originally committed to Montana St. this summer, but they rescinded his offer after coaching changes

Matt Campbell 6'5" 215# Fort Scott, KS - Good size, has some touch, but probably more of a project, played some TE

Freund follows the last 3 on twitter, doesn't follow Kinney.

1 minute ago, SkoHawks said:

I went back and found the part in the 360 Podcast in early January where they mentioned 6 QB's they thought we might have interest in.  Two are now "gone" (Graetz, Riley Kinney)

The four that remain:

Walker Kinney 6'3" 215# Stilwell, KS - Pretty good runner, has or had offers from WIU and SDSU

Jayden Johannsen 6'2" 200# Sioux Falls, SD - Believe NDSU offered PWO

Hayden Ekern 6'2" 200# St. Rita HS (Chicago), IL - originally committed to Montana St. this summer, but they rescinded his offer after coaching changes

Matt Campbell 6'5" 215# Fort Scott, KS - Good size, has some touch, but probably more of a project, played some TE

Freund follows the last 3 on twitter, doesn't follow Kinney.

I believe Riley Kinney is only a PWO with Nebraska. I wouldn't think that would take him out of play. Though I believe he was a legacy, so his commitment to Nebraska may stick.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

As for all the trash on here about Graetz ... yeah its a bummer, but way to many of you are like the jealous bf after your gal left ya, except in this case ya never even had the gal. I get the frustration, but lets move forward.

We have - so stop talking about it.  We are waiting on the CB and DE from this weekend along with another QB name

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

This is a fair statement to some extent. However, go on any other schools fan message board that has a decent following and you will see the exact same stuff, if not worse. Comparatively speaking, our fan board is not that bad.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Risky said:

Recruiting at NDSU obviously didn't go quite as good as they originally hoped.  They offered the Wisconsin QB a walk on not long ago and by  the end they had to give him a full ride to get him..  NDSU  apparently  didn't get who they really wanted if they went from walk on to full ride in the last week.  they must of been feeling a little desperate.

Well we at least have something in common with them.

:love:

6 minutes ago, Dagger said:

That Pierre is a stud.  This could we a very special recruiting class.  Now is they get a QB and one of the potential signees still out  there  to commit it could be really good.

Any chance we have Pierre play inside at NT? Already 255, not sure if his body can handle more weight. Either way, great get for our D.