SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

A few commitments by prospects we had offered (I would guess some of the offers had been withdrawn):

DT Kyle Atkinson, 6'2”, 295, Burnsville (Burnsville), MN (2 Star - 247) Verbal to UM (Track)

LB Tom Brunner, 6'4”, 215, Milwaukee (Whitefish Bay), WI Verbal to NIU

TE William Enneking, 6'4“, 240, 4.7, Sussex (Hamilton), WI (2 Star - 247) Verbal to Cornell

CB Jermari Harris, 6'1“, 175, 4.6, Lombard (Montini), IL Verbal to IA

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The QB recruiting situation this cycle has turned into a disaster. Not good first go of it in recruiting for Freund. 

Really not a whole lot of time to work with to be fair.  That Nebraska kid screwed us for holding a spot for so long.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UND Fan said:

A few commitments by prospects we had offered (I would guess some of the offers had been withdrawn):

DT Kyle Atkinson, 6'2”, 295, Burnsville (Burnsville), MN (2 Star - 247) Verbal to UM (Track)

LB Tom Brunner, 6'4”, 215, Milwaukee (Whitefish Bay), WI Verbal to NIU

TE William Enneking, 6'4“, 240, 4.7, Sussex (Hamilton), WI (2 Star - 247) Verbal to Cornell

CB Jermari Harris, 6'1“, 175, 4.6, Lombard (Montini), IL Verbal to IA

Wow, I thought Atkinson was going to play football at Rutgers. I guess he wanted to stay closer to home.

And just like that we get a QB from Michigan. Tommy Schuster.

Sounds like he had a nice HS career, but not much in the way of college looks. Some Pioneer League and D2 offers.

I'm certainly not going to go out and say he is the next big player for us, but at least we have a QB in the class. I still expect a bigger and more competitive signing next season. Can never have enought talent, depth or competition at QB.

Still bummed about Cedric Case, he could have been a good one.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

And just like that we get a QB from Michigan. Tommy Schuster.

Sounds like he had a nice HS career, but not much in the way of college looks. Some Pioneer League and D2 offers.

I'm certainly not going to go out and say he is the next big player for us, but at least we have a QB in the class. I still expect a bigger and more competitive signing next season. Can never have enought talent, depth or competition at QB.

Still bummed about Cedric Case, he could have been a good one.

He was set to sign with Ashland (despite offers from FCS Dayton & Valpo).  OK size - 6'1", 195 but, obviously, not highly recruited.

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not good first go of it in recruiting for Freund. 

Huh? Recruiting is about many things, but primarily it's about relationships, and Danny JUST got the job. One of the reasons the QB signed with NDSU - he had established longer term relationship with the coaches and staff (championships don't hurt, obviously). The time to see what Danny's recruiting chops are would be exactly a year from now. He'll have game film to show recruits instead of theories, and he'll have a better chance to establish relationships with the player, their family, and his coaches.

22 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

His tape looks solid. Welcome, Tommy! Prove gfhockey wrong 

He might be the steal of the class.  He doesn't throw interceptions.  He was 13 for 13 in the state championship game.  He only had one interception during the year.  That tells me he has ice in his veins.  Very good get on short notice.

• Upvote 3