SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

32 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ha! It will be good. Although I wouldn’t be upset if Freund loaded up on QBs - including even a transfer - to get the most out of that position. More competition is always needed at that position. 

Good QB play usually equals plenty of wins.

I just really hope we can get Graetz. With the Bizun apparently offering him now it will be tough since he committed there once already. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just really hope we can get Graetz. With the Bizun apparently offering him now it will be tough since he committed there once already. 

If you compare QB coaches I don't think it's a stretch to say we have a better than 50/50 shot.  Que the SU posters!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

We landed Fort over NDSU. I'm sure we have a chance, or he would have recommited already.

NDSU will always have a good shot at getting whoever they want because of what they have built. It is no different than what UND has done with hockey. But there are still those talented kids that like the fit elsewhere. We see plenty of that in hockey, granted the sport is different, the opportunities are different, the recruiting is different, but the concept is the same.

Kids need to go where they feel comfortable. For Fort that was UND. Maybe Graetz will love his on campus visit, maybe not. Only time will tell. 

I for one loved UND on my campus visit when I was in high school. When the weekend was over, I was basically set that I was going to go to UND. I then spent the majority of my first year hating it and wanting to transfer to a different school. Gave it one more shot, and enjoyed it so much I ended up signing up for a fifth year ;) .

Everyone has a different experience, and a different comfort level, but hopefully it will work out for us in recruiting Graetz as continued depth at the position is critical.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

With national signing day coming up... could someone summarize who we have thatvis commiited (and positions) and what we have open? How many schlorarships do we have left? This may be available somewhere else but if anyone has time, it would be nice to review!

I won’t be much help but I do recall speculation that this class would have been a smaller class but it appears to be exceeding that expectation. 

28 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

With national signing day coming up... could someone summarize who we have thatvis commiited (and positions) and what we have open? How many schlorarships do we have left? This may be available somewhere else but if anyone has time, it would be nice to review!

On 12/19/2018 at 8:14 AM, UNDBIZ said:

"Signees" in green.  I'll try to update this post as they come in.

COMMITMENTS (23: 18 scholarship & 5 PWOs)

QUARTERBACKS (0)

RUNNINGBACKS (2)

Dominick London, 5'9“, 205, St. Paul (East Ridge), MN Transferring from UM

Luke Skokna, 5'9”, 175, 4.5, Hinsdale (Central), IL Had offers from WIU, Brown, USD, Stetson, SDSU, EKU & EIU

WIDE RECEIVERS (1)

Chrysten Cochran, 6'1“, 175, 4.5, West Bloomfield (River Rouge), MI Had offers from Morgan St & Cornell

TIGHT ENDS (1)

Billy Riviere, 6'4”, 240, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN (2 Star - 247) Had offers from EMU & Air Force

OFFENSIVE GUARDS (2)

Kyle Downs, 6'3“, 255, Monticello (Monticello), MN

Jacob Lindemann, 6'4”, 260, 5.0, Roseau (Roseau), MN

OFFENSIVE TACKLES (2)

Ben Jansen, 6'8“, 290, Kenosha (Indian Trail Academy), WI

Colin Lavell, 6'4”, 260, Parker (Legend), CO Had offers from UNC & San Diego

DEFENSIVE ENDS (5)

Elijah Beach, 6'4“, 250, Streamwood (Streamwood), IL Had offer from WIU

Steven Keech, 6'5”, 225, Two Harbors (Two Harbors), MN

Luke Lennon, 6'5“, 210, West Fargo (West Fargo), ND

Isaac Moore, 6'2”, 215, Roselle (Lake Park), IL Had offer from IN St

Tanner Thorsness, 6'4“, 235, Bismarck (Century), ND

LINEBACKERS (1)

Josh Navratil, 6'2”, 205, Pine Island (Pine Island), MN

SAFETIES (1)

Matthew Koshiol, 6'2“, 185, 4.6, Cold Spring (Rocori), MN

CORNERBACKS (3)

Haley Bucholz, 6'2”, 175, West Fargo (Shanley), ND

Jayson Coley, 6', 160, 4.8, Country Club Hills (Hillcrest), IL Had offer from EIU

Samuel-Salih Fort, 5'11”, 180, St. George (Blue Ridge), VA Had offers from Norfolk St, NDSU, UNI, Hampton & SDSU

PREFERRED WALK-ONS (5)

LB Luke Herzog, 6'2“, 200, St. Paul (St. Thomas Academy), MN

OL EJ Langstaff, 6'5”, 230, West Fargo (West Fargo), ND

OL Adam Neustel, 6'3“, 285, Milnor (North Sargent), ND

LB Caden Wolsky, 6', 190, Carrington (Carrington), ND

WR Adam Zavalney, 6'3”, 195, Park River (Park River), ND

https://wiki.siouxsports.com/doku.php/football/2019_recruiting_information

Commitments since the December signing day include 2 kickers.  No clue on scholarship availability, but we still NEED to land a QB and, in my opinion, a NT.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I won’t be much help but I do recall speculation that this class would have been a smaller class but it appears to be exceeding that expectation. 

Bubba was interviewed at half of the bb game last night and was asked about remaining recruits. I will try to relay what he said.

Need a QB - he thought there were quality QBs to be had

Need a defensive lineman

Need a defensive back

Said something about a DB being in school this semester.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Bubba was interviewed at half of the bb game last night and was asked about remaining recruits. I will try to relay what he said.

Need a QB - he thought there were quality QBs to be had

Need a defensive lineman

Need a defensive back

Said something about a DB being in school this semester.

Looks like the DB is a transfer from Hawaii.  

https://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16871

I've been following him for a while and recently his twitter profile has been changed to read "Defensive Back at the University of North Dakota".

https://twitter.com/Jezza_III

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hambone said:

I've been following him for a while and recently his twitter profile has been changed to read "Defensive Back at the University of North Dakota".

Was wondering how a guy who played at Hawaii was convinced to come to the great arctic tundra, then I saw he's from Montreal.

Quite a traveler.

3 hours ago, Hambone said:

Just listened to 360 podcast.

This kid had an offer out of HS from Tennessee. When Butch Jones got fired he bailed on it. Went to Hawaii, played as a safety, but will be a CB here.

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Just listened to 360 podcast.

This kid had an offer out of HS from Tennessee. When Butch Jones got fired he bailed on it. Went to Hawaii, played as a safety, but will be a CB here.

Also sounds like Knauf screwed the pooch in recruiting his area and didn’t even notice Graetz.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Also sounds like Knauf screwed the pooch in recruiting his area and didn’t even notice Graetz.

I took that as Rudy because he was OC; you think Knauf had that responsibility.

Could you catch the name of 250 pound DL that's coming this weekend? 

5 minutes ago, shep said:

I took that as Rudy because he was OC; you think Knauf had that responsibility.

Could you catch the name of 250 pound DL that's coming this weekend? 

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but guessing it might be DeOnte Washington based on what I know about kids we might be after.......

Just now, Hambone said:

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but guessing it might be DeOnte Washington based on what I know about kids we might be after.......

If his name is Washington, I think I would have caught that. They said it twice, but I don't think it was Washington. 

Is he 250?

1 minute ago, shep said:

If his name is Washington, I think I would have caught that. They said it twice, but I don't think it was Washington. 

Is he 250?

It was Chandon Pierre out of Folsom. Same school as Caleb Nelson. Would be nice if we could land both and also get Graetz.

12 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Graetz has been offered a full scholarship by ndsu tonight.

Pwo to full.... incredible.

But remember UND offering him a full had nothing to do with them offering a full.  Complete coincidence they went from PWO to FULL.

• Like 1