SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I was hoping for Atkinson from Burnsville but he's got big-time P5 interest and offers now, unfortunately. 

Have the coaches pushed much for him? Always interesting what is going through the heads of some of these kids as the second signing day approaches.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Have the coaches pushed much for him? Always interesting what is going through the heads of some of these kids as the second signing day approaches.

He's got an offer from Rutgers and took an official to UCLA. His other offers are us and SDSU. No idea if we're still after him, we already have a ton of DL commits for a 3-4 base team.

Talk about a great couple of hours! It really is amazing how this coaching staff finished before the first signing day, getting guys that would fall into my very novice rankings of "Top 5" type guys in the class, now two more who would be in that group with Chandon / Caleb before the Feb 6th signing day. This has turned into a really impressive class.

Looking at every class, are Fort / Nelson the Top CB duo this school has ever recruited? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

This appears to be the new QB target for Freund and UND. There’s not much in the way as far as competition goes (only a Wyoming PWO), so my guess is UND signs this young man.

Has the size and arm to be good, and intangibles are always the unknown that can lead to greatness. Potential is the name of the game at this stage.

Been said before, but UND’s 2019 season rides on Freund’s ability to dramatically boost the offense, specifically the QB position. I’m optimistic.   

Another speck of hope: UND lost 2 QBs to Texas State and NDSU, but Freund doesn’t have his offense on film yet. Next year this time UND’s pull factor could be way different (i.e., in a good way).  

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

This class is coming together quite nicely. Finishing strong is an understatement. Our DL and CB commits are especially stacked.

I would add RB to that list as well (if you include London in this class).

Pierre had an unbelievable five sacks, six TFL’s, and 15 tackles in the state championship game vs Cathedral.

Pierre has an interest in aviation.  UND had a gal from Illinois that had an interest in aviation a few years back.  She had a big impacted on WBB surpassing the cow college.  I Pierre will have that same impact in Football.  Thanks to Aviation.

https://undfootball360.com/news/hawks-closing-strong-with-pair-of-commits/

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Pierre had an unbelievable five sacks, six TFL’s, and 15 tackles in the state championship game vs Cathedral.

Pierre has an interest in aviation.  UND had a gal from Illinois that had an interest in aviation a few years back.  She had a big impacted on WBB surpassing the cow college.  I Pierre will have that same impact in Football.  Thanks to Aviation.

Huge get by UND! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This appears to be the new QB target for Freund and UND. There’s not much in the way as far as competition goes (only a Wyoming PWO), so my guess is UND signs this young man.

Has the size and arm to be good, and intangibles are always the unknown that can lead to greatness. Potential is the name of the game at this stage.

Been said before, but UND’s 2019 season rides on Freund’s ability to dramatically boost the offense, specifically the QB position. I’m optimistic.   

Another speck of hope: UND lost 2 QBs to Texas State and NDSU, but Freund doesn’t have his offense on film yet. Next year this time UND’s pull factor could be way different (i.e., in a good way).  

Wyoming just added a 3 star qb recruit from Texas so I this kid wants a better chance at playing he better come north. Not as close to home for him but he can always fly frontier from Fargo to Denver.

24 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Wyoming just added a 3 star qb recruit from Texas so I this kid wants a better chance at playing he better come north. Not as close to home for him but he can always fly frontier from Fargo to Denver.

Or fly to Devils Lake, that’s what me and a group are doing Friday to go to the Denver series. 

Will one of you QB whisperers give me the breakdown of this QB from CO?

38 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

"When looking at this defensive line class, DC Eric Schmidt has to be beaming. The Hawks already signed five players in the early period and the addition of Pierre makes it even better. This is the best defensive line class UND has ever signed and it might not even be close."

"Nelson had a bunch of other offers and had many opportunities to play a various schools in the Big Sky or Mountain West. The combination of NelsonSamuel Fort, Haley Bucholz,and Jayson Coley at cornerback is more than likely the best CB class UND has ever signed."

This is a big deal. I'm trying to stay level headed, but I do really respect their opinions on UNDFootball360, they seem to be very level headed. I know you don't know until they get here type deal, but potentially having two positional groups being the best in UND history in the same class is so exciting.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

UND dodged a major bullet this weekend and will be better for it in the future. Going to leave it at that.

Very excited to a see a kid of Lukasiewicz's character come onto campus this weekend.  The TEAM will be better once he joins it.

I will agree with you 

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

“Tackled by the ENTIRE Fighting Sioux defense!” I can hear it again.... great stuff coaches!

This season the sacks will take a jump and so will the interceptions.  possible a few pick 6.   The defense may even will a game or two by dominating.

• Upvote 1