SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

As far as Graetz and his liking of tweets, are people looking too much into it? Based on the substance of the Tweets he liked and the sheer number of them, no, they aren't. He might have set a record for most likes in a day, it's that bad. There's no chance he doesn't pick NDSU. Onto option #3.

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

As far as Graetz and his liking of tweets, are people looking too much into it? Based on the substance of the Tweets he liked and the sheer number of them, no, they aren't. He might have set a record for most likes in a day, it's that bad. There's no chance he doesn't pick NDSU. Onto option #3.

We have all established that. Let's move on-not that big of a deal for our roster.  

13 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Kinda disagree because there are always QB's that surprise, and we will need depth.  Didn't we have a pwo that transferred out and ended up starting at UNLV?  Ya never know for sure what you're getting.  Look at Mollbergs career also, for instance, and he was one of the biggest "gets" we have had in the D1 era.

Had Rudolph not crapped on Mollberg and allowed him to return and compete for the job, I think he would have had a great finish to his career.  No matter who the QB was during his first 2 years they were getting hammered and we had no running game.  None of the QB's had much success.  The guy is gone and we can only wonder but he was one of the biggest gets in the D1 era.  It would have helped to have a QB coach to help him develop, but same can be said for all of our QB's under Rudolph.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He isn’t a Millenial. He’s Gen Z or iGen. There’s a big difference.

Whatever the hell he is. He is disrespectful like many kids, but come on. Do you really want a dude that is liking your rivals tweets, while you are kissing his ass and telling him how good he is?

Let us not forget, this kid didn't have a single offer heading into January..........

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Whatever the hell he is. He is disrespectful like many kids, but come on. Do you really want a dude that is liking your rivals tweets, while you are kissing his ass and telling him how good he is?

Let us not forget, this kid didn't have a single offer heading into January..........

Right. moveon.org

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

360 guys….

January 28th

UND will be moving fast to fill the defensive line opening. Spring practice starts on March 1st, 2019.

Hearing good things out of Folsom, CA. Last weekend’s two visitors from the D1-AA State Champs – CB Caleb Nelson and DE Chandon Pierre – both had excellent visits we are told

Nice to hear some positive recruiting news. I just hope we can hit a home run at QB next year, if there are not solid options left this season.

We should have a solid competition this year, and hopefully a bet OC to utilize whatever we do have. I'm still interested to see what Ketteringham can do. I though he played well early and obviously declined as the year went on. Maybe that had to do with the O Line, maybe he went as his line went, maybe he just isn't the guy. Other than him, Boltman intrigues me the most. I hear he is more mobile and should fit well into Freunds offense; this would be nice to because if he wins the job he can be "The Guy" for a few years, and buy us some time to recruit some depth.

Grover is my questions mark, maybe not for this year, but even as a solid backup for next season. After this year, the cupboard will look kind of bare. Maybe an FBS dropdown somewhere?

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Had Rudolph not crapped on Mollberg and allowed him to return and compete for the job, I think he would have had a great finish to his career.  No matter who the QB was during his first 2 years they were getting hammered and we had no running game.  None of the QB's had much success.  The guy is gone and we can only wonder but he was one of the biggest gets in the D1 era.  It would have helped to have a QB coach to help him develop, but same can be said for all of our QB's under Rudolph.

I was told by someone that Rudolph made the comment that Mollberg would never play QB at UND as long as Rudolph was the OC. 

I believe he said that when Joe still had 2 years left.  Not sure why you would make that blanket declaration 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

360 guys….

January 28th

UND will be moving fast to fill the defensive line opening. Spring practice starts on March 1st, 2019.

Hearing good things out of Folsom, CA. Last weekend’s two visitors from the D1-AA State Champs – CB Caleb Nelson and DE Chandon Pierre – both had excellent visits we are told

Would be huge to land them both 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

Edited. no need to crap on a current player.

How bout this,  Dont get your hopes up on boltman being the guy.

I didn't see your original post, but send me a message if you get a chance. I'd be interested to hear why Boltman wouldn't be the guy. Thanks!

2 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Kids are dumb. I have no idea what’s going on in his head. We need only guys who are excited to be here and 100% committed. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Graetz to NDSU. For now... ;) 

Kid managed to go from an FCS PWO to a B1G PWO, before getting a different FCS school to offer him a scholarship late in the process. It forced his top choice to offer him a full ride after they were set on giving him nothing. Worked out well for the kid. As for UND, they have one or other two they have had their eyes on they can move on to.

4 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

For those of you sad by losing out on Graetz.........Kinney out of Colorado is rated quite a bit higher on 247sports.........

I believe he is already committed to Nebraska as a walk on. Getting the Kinney out of Kansas wouldn't be a terrible option. 

6 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

For those of you sad by losing out on Graetz.........Kinney out of Colorado is rated quite a bit higher on 247sports.........

I'm not one that is overly concerned on rankings. I just want a kid with potential and talent who wants to be here. Now if Kinney is that guy, then sweet. I know nothing about him. Have we had any contact with the kid?

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm not one that is overly concerned on rankings. I just want a kid with potential and talent who wants to be here. Now if Kinney is that guy, then sweet. I know nothing about him. Have we had any contact with the kid?

Not directing this at anyone in particular.  But wonder, after reading the comments on this blog, why in the hell the 'kid' or any other kid would want to come to UND?