SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

13 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

UND dodged a major bullet this weekend and will be better for it in the future. Going to leave it at that.

Very excited to a see a kid of Lukasiewicz's character come onto campus this weekend.  The TEAM will be better once he joins it.

Can you do this to us? PM if need be.

I am feeling better about the weekend because you say we will be better. 

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

UND dodged a major bullet this weekend and will be better for it in the future. Going to leave it at that.

Also curious about this, but if you know something, it's probably better left out of public consumption.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Or fly to Devils Lake, that’s what me and a group are doing Friday to go to the Denver series. 

Will one of you QB whisperers give me the breakdown of this QB from CO?

$265 round trip (unless you fly over a holiday). I take this flight multiple times per year.

Edit: my parents will be on that flight. Picking them up from the airport at 3:45 then heading to happy hour before the game.

Disclaimer that clearly you never know, but each class always has those guys that the consensus feels are home run recruits (i.e. Bennett, Larson, Ott to name a few recent). Most don't fall under the sure fire recruit umbrella. There's wide variations after the sure fire category. This 2019 Freshman class seems to have the most home run type recruits UND has had and I'm not sure it's even close. This is so crucial, because this class will start with a much, much stronger base than any previous class.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Disclaimer that clearly you never know, but each class always has those guys that the consensus feels are home run recruits (i.e. Bennett, Larson, Ott to name a few recent). Most don't fall under the sure fire recruit umbrella. There's wide variations after the sure fire category. This 2019 Freshman class seems to have the most home run type recruits UND has had and I'm not sure it's even close. This is so crucial, because this class will start with a much, much stronger base than any previous class.

As proven by our main rival, a great class can lay the foundation and introduce a culture for several more classes to come.

I do think last year’s class was very motivated and focused... many comments about their reason to come to UND was for an EDUCATION! It seems we got off kilter a little, maybe mid-season??? There seems to be renewed energy, particularly on the offense.

So, I am hoping that last year’s recruits are also ready to step up this fall. We haven’t lost anyone, have we?

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

None come to mind.  Does the fact that Rudolph is gone, and no one said "I don't want to be here without him" speak volumes??!!

Not really. No player left when Knauf got fired, no one is leaving with Gigli leaving, no one left when Marty Rogers or Kevin Maurice left, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Not really. No player left when Knauf got fired, no one is leaving with Gigli leaving, no one left when Marty Rogers or Kevin Maurice left, etc. 

All good points.  I thought I was onto something.  Apparently not.

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

This season the sacks will take a jump and so will the interceptions.  possible a few pick 6.   The defense may even will a game or two by dominating.

Because of the current RS coming in and advances from the guys who played a lot last year or Pierre and others will play as Frosh?

2 hours ago, shep said:

I asked the RS question of the UND 360 guys. Howe thinks the 2 California kids will not be RS. Possibly Fort too. Not a lot of depth at CB.

I think we actually have nice depth at CB. Odom and Seigel both looked good out there in their 4 game audition. Holm is rock solid. We add the Hawaii transfer. There’s also Carter. But, if those fr are absolute studs they will leap frog their way into the two deep. I would be surprised if they all did.

I expect Pierre to not rs much more than the incoming fr DBs.

• Upvote 2