SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

11 minutes ago, BAT67 said:

Correct fort for sure and I think they talked to the Lennon kid out of west fargo but I dont believe an offer was made

I think the Klabo / Lennon split went as expected.  I was told Lennon is bigger, 15 lbs and runs better.  I'm sure Kramer has some delicious shakes for Klabo, won't be an issue adding 60 lbs quickly.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Good reply. There are so many factors when choosing a college... playing, winning, connection with coaches, major, connections with players, feel of the campus, what your parents advise you to do... there is no right or wrong reason to pick a school, and everyone's priorities are different. He's got two great options on the table - lucky kid - that have different strengths and weaknesses. I hope it's UND, but I hope no one knocks him if he chooses differently.

Totally agree.  Worst case scenario SU is giving up at least partial scholly when the were previously not giving up anything.  Sure hope he chooses UND though, would  love hearing how SU didn't really want him that much anyway.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to wait until the kid actually commits somewhere before reacting.  His likes would most likely mean it's not a good chance, but who knows what the kid is actually thinking. If he signs elsewhere so be it.  I'm sure Danny has Plans B,C, and D at this point. Maybe with Danny overseeing QB recruiting we land a big time 2020 QB recruit and the 2019 recruit is a moot point. All we can do is hope for the best. 

Also would still love Nelson or Pierre to commit, they'd be very nice additions.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Really hope that Walker Kinney is our plan B. Not as mobile but has a big arm. 

It may be a complete nonfactor at this point, but the only Colorado QB listed in the Wiki  "prospects" list is Riley Kinney, who, per Twitter is a verbal PWO to Nebraska as a receiver/athlete. Looks like something of the opposite to W. Kinney on film -- good runner with OK arm. 

2 hours ago, homer said:

Did I miss where the QB committed to NDSU?   I apologize but am not reading through the past posts.  

Also, QB is important but a CB with FBS offers and a 3 star D end would be ok.  Hoping the weekend went well for those two.  

Good point Homer

it would be huge to get the cb and end

we shouldn’t settle on a qb just to fill the spot. Might not work out this year. We will adjust  go forward 

56 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Good point Homer

it would be huge to get the cb and end

we shouldn’t settle on a qb just to fill the spot. Might not work out this year. We will adjust  go forward 

Kinda disagree because there are always QB's that surprise, and we will need depth.  Didn't we have a pwo that transferred out and ended up starting at UNLV?  Ya never know for sure what you're getting.  Look at Mollbergs career also, for instance, and he was one of the biggest "gets" we have had in the D1 era.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't give up on Graetz yet.  Lots of things still in our favor.  Lots of good health field degrees at UND like PT, OT, and advanced practice nursing degrees.  Good potential for early playing time.  For the first time in the D1 era I like our coaching staff better than NDSUs.  NDSU may have something explaining to do to the NCAA if anything more comes out about the kid who tested positive for PEDs that were supposedly supplied by a coach.  Maybe the kid sees thru why his PWO offer was bumped up to a full ride, given NDSU has a guy who will likely be starting the next 4 years.  Whatever happens, good luck to the kid, and UND will end up Ok.  We are  in good hands with Danny running the show.

• Upvote 1

I guess what I was getting at is we still had two huge recruits on campus this week at other positions.  There was more than a QB.  

I also find it a bit ironic that the fan that is the most vocal in this board about the program needing to have the mentality of not throwing in the towel to NDSU basically threw in the towel to NDSU in a recruit.  I have seen nothing that he committed anywhere.  So yesterday he liked the tweet of a head coach recruiting him.  He still hasn’t committed there.  It’s not over until he commits.  I think there is a lot to sell in this new offense and Danny is a great guy to sell it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, homer said:

I guess what I was getting at is we still had two huge recruits on campus this week at other positions.  There was more than a QB.  

I also find it a bit ironic that the fan that is the most vocal in this board about the program needing to have the mentality of not throwing in the towel to NDSU basically threw in the towel to NDSU in a recruit.  I have seen nothing that he committed anywhere.  So yesterday he liked the tweet of a head coach recruiting him.  He still hasn’t committed there.  It’s not over until he commits.  I think there is a lot to sell in this new offense and Danny is a great guy to sell it.  

So long as Bubba is the coach, that fan will not be happy about anything that happens or doesn't happen.

If the kid goes to SU, it's time to move on. We agree that Danny wants him, so we want him; nonetheless, he's 18. There's no guarantees on his future skill set whether he commits here or not.

12 hours ago, homer said:

Look at when he liked the tweets though. He was on an official visit to UND while liking NDSU related tweets? First of all, I don't want a kid that disrespectful on our team. Second of all, he is a millennial probably thinking, "This visit isn't that cool. I'm going to like some Entz tweets instead of giving this a shot."

The only curious thing to me, Why not commit to them if that's what you want? NDSU could pull that scholly offer at any moment for the next big thing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Look at when he liked the tweets though. He was on an official visit to UND while liking NDSU related tweets? First of all, I don't want a kid that disrespectful on our team. Second of all, he is a millennial probably thinking, "This visit isn't that cool. I'm going to like some Entz tweets instead of giving this a shot."

The only curious thing to me, Why not commit to them if that's what you want? NDSU could pull that scholly offer at any moment for the next big thing.

He isn’t a Millenial. He’s Gen Z or iGen. There’s a big difference.