SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 hours ago, sethhag said:

also worked on some grey (gray?) and black concepts with inspiration from some of the new football uniforms. I'm definitely no graphic designer, so they aren't very good quality, just something to jump off from for someone more talented

I have always wondered if the hockey team would go with the trend the other programs are doing by adding the grey jersey.  Black has always been their alternate fir years.  But a grey jersey using a new design different from what they have now would be sweet!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I have always wondered if the hockey team would go with the trend the other programs are doing by adding the grey jersey.  Black has always been their alternate fir years.  But a grey jersey using a new design different from what they have now would be sweet!!

Meh, no thanks.

I found a couple of pictures I tweeted out. Some of the younger players are wearing the logo. These pictures are from the post-game pressers. The Thumbs up and the smiley face were on a tweet about UND fans and the Sioux Forever.  

E82F513F-1143-4ABE-BBAF-56BF6BFAD4B4.jpeg

012BE4D3-C1E5-403A-B821-2C8955167574.jpeg

• Upvote 1

As a veteran, on this Veteran's Day, I was at the UND FB game yesterday....was pleased to hear no 'Home of the Sioux' at end of anthem....as a veteran I am offended by the obliteration of the word 'brave' at the end of the anthem....I get that it's fun for 'college kids full of alcohol' to say that phrase....but adults...come on...snow some respect to veterans....

Only place you hear it in force is at hockey games....I wonder who the FS crowd is made at...NCAA, Native Americans?????  NCAA allowed 3 universities to retain their nick name....Florida State, Utah, and Illinois...….how come ?   Must be Native American tribes fault then!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, John W. said:

As a veteran, on this Veteran's Day, I was at the UND FB game yesterday....was pleased to hear no 'Home of the Sioux' at end of anthem....as a veteran I am offended by the obliteration of the word 'brave' at the end of the anthem....I get that it's fun for 'college kids full of alcohol' to say that phrase....but adults...come on...snow some respect to veterans....

Only place you hear it in force is at hockey games....I wonder who the FS crowd is made at...NCAA, Native Americans?????  NCAA allowed 3 universities to retain their nick name....Florida State, Utah, and Illinois...….how come ?   Must be Native American tribes fault then!!!!

What about the veterans who also would yell “Sioux” at the end of the anthem?  I’ve personally sat next to Vietnam vets who would yell it just as loud as everybody.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Using your veteran status in an attempt to add credibility to your opinion is not much more than false patriotism.  My father was awarded the silver star, as I'm sure a number of other posters' family members were, and he NEVER used it as a means to gain credibility on matters of opinion or policy.  In fact, he never discussed the war at all.  He just served honorably.  

Virtue signaling at its best.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, John W. said:

Sioux-sie crowd's  'shots' at my postings...have no affect....I consider the source....I feel  for their 'angst'...….Remember the 'Flickertail's....that's the path 'Sioux' will have with future generations......

Hungry?

th?id=OIP.IUi8eRLE4MoytQdfQDtVYwHaH4&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, burd said:

Using your veteran status in an attempt to add credibility to your opinion is not much more than false patriotism.  My father was awarded the silver star, as I'm sure a number of other posters' family members were, and he NEVER used it as a means to gain credibility on matters of opinion or policy.  In fact, he never discussed the war at all.  He just served honorably.  

Although for the most part being a veteran doesn't give veterans the right to anything other than holding their heads a little higher when the flag passes and sometimes tearing up during the the national anthem when former brothers or sisters in arms are remembered, I'm not sure what John W's  message was, nor do the rest of you.   If I had to guess,  and my guess is as good as anyone else's, I would think this person included that as a preface to sharing why the issue bugs him.  Most of us old enough to be Vietnam Vets attended  UND during a time when no one cared about the nickname.   For most of us, it became important when the NCAA and activists began  the process of taking it away.  For me, it was the. Ben Brien logo which I didn't wish to lose.  My ties and loyalty to UND are strong. My ties and respect for my country are stronger and regardless of my veterans status I have never liked people yelling home of the Sioux, but I don't lose sleep over it because it isn't meant to be disrespectful to our nation nor those who bravely served.   I dislike the ignorant morons who yell "who's  he he sucks sh.."  when opponents are introduced more than the "Home of the Sioux" at the end of the Anthem.  The "he sucks Sh.." chant  is meant to be disrespectful, shows such a lack of class and doesn't require any cleverness (which the great college cheers and jeers usually have).

To John  W. , your uncle, the Nam Vets you refer to and other Veterans, thanks for your service.  To those who stayed home and farmed, or worked in factories, or did their jobs and payed taxes to support the military thank  you.  To the family members who raised kids, or supported family members and friends while their loved ones served, thanks.  We all do are part.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Yes, please! 

DBA5BDB9-5DC6-4EC2-94BF-08594C692716.jpeg

One opinion, but I don't like it at all.  The crinkled nose, the mess of lines and colors reminds me of a 90s era logo you may find on an elementary school gym wall. The odd mismatched fonts don't help with the final product either.  Finally, imagine the mess for a company trying to replicate this on shirts, hats, etc.

• Upvote 2