SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This is a perfect description of the "Sioux Forever" crowd.  The name is Fighting Hawks, just like the President is Trump.  Sioux Forever folks are the same as Hillary/Bernie supporters, they won't embrace and accept reality.

Trump is the President.  Fighting Hawks is the name.  REALITY.

Mods be like...

tofar.gif

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Siouxforever? Not me. I accepted that when Stenhjem screwed the pooch on the lawsuit. I am Pro UND forever.

I am fine with the fact we  chose a bland, generic nickname just not how we chose to get there.

If you look back I was critical of the complete clusterf*ck of a process we used for picking a name and eventually the logo we are stuck with for the time being.

The fact that we chose a $20 logo to represent the school should offend and embarrass everyone. Like I said before, if one of our artists forwarded me that logo for a 6th grade travel basketball teams uniforms I would not even have forwarded it on to my customer and would have told my artist they didn't like it, try again.

But how can you be pro UND while accepting the new nickname? It’s being PC, it’s not being a real UND fan. Only real fans recognize Sioux as the only nickname of the school.  That is what I encounter on the UND athletics (mostly hockey) Facebook page when I post go Hawks. Why do people need to do that here if we are “all” pro UND, like Frozen4Sioux did with his rant.

Rant? That’s no rant, screeching into the wind about how football is the only true sport,....that’s a lunatic rant.

There is one group of 3 people (debatably 3) screaming that everyone must fall all over the fhawking logo...  you’re welcome to hug your fhawking pillow and cry into your fhawking wine cooler, cry about that time the hockey team went family style on your girl, and gnash your teeth about the perceived favoritism of the successful D1 team all you fhawking want. 

But we dont have to fall into your hawkstepping featherfest in some fascist brainwashing tat the process produced a quality result.

And we DO NOT have to have our donations wasted on the programs or administrations that we feel foolishly waste the resources of the institution. 

Not ranting son just laughing at the blinded, pathetic, desperate, mediocre Hawkzi thought control campaign again..... and again...... and again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Rant? That’s no rant, screeching into the wind about how football is the only true sport,....that’s a lunatic rant.

There is one group of 3 people (debatably 3) screaming that everyone must fall all over the fhawking logo...  you’re welcome to hug your fhawking pillow and cry into your fhawking wine cooler, cry about that time the hockey team went family style on your girl, and gnash your teeth about the perceived favoritism of the successful D1 team all you fhawking want. 

But we dont have to fall into your hawkstepping featherfest in some fascist brainwashing tat the process produced a quality result.

And we DO NOT have to have our donations wasted on the programs or administrations that we feel foolishly waste the resources of the institution. 

Not ranting son just laughing at the blinded, pathetic, desperate, mediocre Hawkzi thought control campaign again..... and again...... and again.

So you don't give any money to UND?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Spoken like a true Sioux Forever fan. (Golf clap)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, petey23 said:

Siouxforever? Not me. I accepted that when Stenhjem screwed the pooch on the lawsuit. I am Pro UND forever.

I am fine with the fact we  chose a bland, generic nickname just not how we chose to get there.

If you look back I was critical of the complete clusterf*ck of a process we used for picking a name and eventually the logo we are stuck with for the time being.

The fact that we chose a $20 logo to represent the school should offend and embarrass everyone. Like I said before, if one of our artists forwarded me that logo for a 6th grade travel basketball teams uniforms I would not even have forwarded it on to my customer and would have told my artist they didn't like it, try again.

1538589881286.jpg

• Like 1

It is what it is until it isn’t. I figure I’ll be dead someday and in the meantime I’m all about UND hockey under any logo. The argument is a bit like the Big-endians vs the Little-endians with the egg tasting the same regardless of how you crack it. 

Gonna wear my green on black Hawks jersey when I travel to Oxford on the 9th so their fans aren’t confused while UND kicks their ass. 

6 hours ago, UND-1 said:

So you don't give any money to UND?  

Give plenty,

not gfhockey money by any stretch,

but after Champions club I give directly to the Hockey Summer School scholorships and other Hockey only funds. That way I know where and how my money is invested, and contributes to legit D1 championship programs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Give plenty,

but after Champions club I give directly to the Hockey Summer School scholorships and other Hockey only funds. That way I know where and how my money is invested, and contributes to legit D1 championship programs.

Legit? 

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Give plenty,

That's fair, not much different than people contributing to the football needs campaign.

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Legit? 

Name one other sport where the team has even an inkling of a snowballs chance in hell of winning their sports' overall championship.  Confrence banners are nice, and cute but really there is ZERO chance these sports get a true Natty... Zero. Not even a possibility. Ever. 

Truth bomb .....

131st place isn't a D1 natty, its an accomplishment, but its JV, its the Pembina B-squad tourney, it's the second tier....

It's Division II with a shiny new name, and an exponentially higher bill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Name one other sport where the team has even an inkling of a snowballs chance in hell of winning their sports' overall championship.  Confrence banners are nice, and cute but really there is ZERO chance these sports get a true Natty... Zero. Not even a possibility. Ever. 

Truth bomb .....

131st place isn't a D1 natty, its an accomplishment, but its JV, its the Pembina B-squad tourney, it's the second tier....

It's Division II with a shiny new name, and an exponentially higher bill.

I’ve seen Bison fans hate UND football less than you. 

17 hours ago, petey23 said:

Spot on Petey23!

38 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Isn't 100 pages of this enough?

Well, the title of the thread is "What do you think of the logo now?"  So, since "now" is always in the present, it is open to everyones current opinion on the matter at that time!!:D

Edit......We did it!!  100 pages!!     90siouxfan, pop the champagne!!