SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

6 hours ago, Big A HG said:

The day that Brien's hawk logo came out I started tweaking on it.  Here's what I came up with:

Browned up the beak, much more green, but left the red and yellow to symbolize the same things that were symbolized on the Sioux head.
zd877QR.png

Also added was a hockey jersey look.  This is one of my earlier tweaks so still has more red in it.  I didn't take the time to add "HAWKS" on it ala the old Sioux jerseys, but definitely would be a plus IMO.
7nzN9aB.png

Thanks for your work/photoshop skills. Greatly appreciated!

1. Can you remove the “triangle” shape below the eye? It looks like a tear. I have edited this logo without it and it looks much better. 

It reminds me of all the lunatic rappers these days with face tattoos spewing out garbage regarding prescritpion drugs etc. Rap music in 2018 these days! Good grief! 2Pac is rolling over in his grave...

*Final comment, my own opionion, what would this logo look like with a more roudned beak? I’m super curious. 

If you have some free time over this holiday week, would love to see those edits.  

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Apparently his plan is to try and get the school to adopt it as the new logo. If they don’t bite, which they won’t, he’s going to start producing his own apparel to try and fill the arenas with his new shity logo. Pretty petty.

Pretty petty or pretty genius? He did the University a tremendous act of kindness by taking $2K for the Sioux logo ONLY at the time years back. He put the “ALL” sport programs that honor the logo ahead of his artist talent and money. That was highway robbery back then! 

Let him do what he wants. And have UND do the “right thing.”l

My 2 cents obviously if anyone cares. Just saying. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Pretty petty or pretty genius? He did the University a tremendous act of kindness by taking $2K for the Sioux logo ONLY at the time years back. He put the “ALL” sport programs that honor the logo ahead of his artist talent and money. That was highway robbery back then! 

i think what go sioux is hitting at is that if your a fan of und athletics don't do this..just like the guy in the south forks mall...what is point of selling that garbage logo other than to confuse / deflect the current logo just to make a few bucks that would otherwise go the und coffers.

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Petty. Very petty. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yea, the loudest opinion is always the majority.

One thing that I have always wondered.  Sure the majority of fans at the Ralph, fans posting on social media, etc are hardcore Siouxforever fans who disapprove of the new Fighting Hawks name and logo.  But are they the majority or just the very vocal minority? 

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

One thing that I have always wondered.  Sure the majority of fans at the Ralph, fans posting on social media, etc are hardcore Siouxforever fans who disapprove of the new Fighting Hawks name and logo.  But are they the majority or just the very vocal minority? 

We’re not going to do another poll are we? ;)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Just my opinion/guess, but I'd say the majority knows we need to move on, are trying to move on, but are still struggling to embrace the current name and logo.  The new name is tough to get excited about and the new logo, although unique as far as NCAA sports goes (good for creating an identity), is not gaining much/any traction among the hockey crowd.  It doesn't help that those who do embrace the name and logo are often ridiculed by Sioux forevers, making cheering for the hawks something that doesn't seem worth the fight.  Perhaps 3-5 years from now, once things have settled a bit more, people will be more willing to accept a new logo.  At that time, the REA and hockey staff will need to be fully on board, or nothing will improve.  They could've helped a lot with the current logo, but they didn't, and it's likely too late to salvage now.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just my opinion/guess, but I'd say the majority knows we need to move on, are trying to move on, but are still struggling to embrace the current name and logo.  The new name is tough to get excited about and the new logo, although unique as far as NCAA sports goes (good for creating an identity), is not gaining much/any traction among the hockey crowd.  It doesn't help that those who do embrace the name and logo are often ridiculed by Sioux forevers, making cheering for the hawks something that doesn't seem worth the fight.  Perhaps 3-5 years from now, once things have settled a bit more, people will be more willing to accept a new logo.  At that time, the REA and hockey staff will need to be fully on board, or nothing will improve.  They could've helped a lot with the current logo, but they didn't, and it's likely too late to salvage now.

Spot on, Biz.

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

In 5 years will we have granite hawk logos in the floor at the Ralph? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do I love the new nickname? It's what you get when you have to order 1 pizza flavor for 10 people. 

Do I love the new logo? Honestly, more than the name. It's simple, smooth, and clean. And it's the best you can do with that nickname. 

What do I love most of the combo? No "talking points letters' from folks in Boulder this Thanksgiving. That does make me happy. 

But here's the best:
Ben Brien has put that "broken beak" logo into the public domain. No way in < bleep > UND ever touches it now. It can no longer be registered as a trademark. No trademark, no rights money. ... Whups. 

• Upvote 3

Look, I don’t mind the Fighting Hawks name. I’m fine with it. 

I would like to see a “new” Fighting Hawk logo in a few years. That’s all. 

Look at the business side of things. That’s what truly counts. Merchandise sales are down. UND alumnus donations are down. Football team had a brutal year. Home hockey games continue to see a reduction of fans (I know that’s not logo related).

I’m just looking forward to UND to redeem what has been lost in this circus act phase of a transition.

Bottom line, we’re talking $$$. But what do I know? 

34 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I have always wondered how the entire situation would be if the Ralph went all in on the name and logo.  Putting the logo at center ice, hanging Fighting Hawk banners in the concourse, replacing the outdoor neon with the Fighting Hawk logo, waiting to update the locker room so the new logo could be integrated in the upgrade, etc.  Yes the pushback from the vocal Hawk haters would be loud at first.  But eventually, that would die down.  There will be a day shortly after 2030 where this will all happen. So why wait until then.  Delaying the inevitable seems counter productive.  I will say it again, but it is more than unfortunate that the entity with the biggest influence chooses to go against the wishes of the University of North Dakota, the school the arena was meaning to benefit from the beginning.

37 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Source?

I’m always loved that response. Don’t be  a naive keyboard warrior. Let’s call a spade a spade. Don’t drink the green kool-aid.

*Also, given the state of decay currently at the University and if by “source” donations are down, as an institution, are you going to public reveal that factual information from a PR standpoint? Idk....:whistling: