SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So looking at both the Fighting Hawks logo and the geometric Sioux logo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they are very similar.  Obviously they are depicting different things, but both are clean, basic logos that are easy to use in a multiple of applications.  Logos at schools (and pro teams) evolve over the years.  Has happened over the years at UND, and will happen again.  So maybe the current Fighting Hawks logo is like the geometric Sioux logo.  It is good, not great logo that is simple, and is a predecessor for a wildly poplar logo to be adopted 25 years later!! :wink: (well....maybe sooner)   

compare.jpg

OMG the Jolly Green Giant used to be our mascot? And where did he find a green bird to craft his headdress from?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can't speak for other but including the letters ND in the logo is what really turned me off to it. I don't hate it with the fire of a thousand suns like some but that's always been my gripe vs the having issue with the hawk piece of it.  Then again, you could call us the pussywillows and I'd be fine with it as long as we win some damn hockey and football games. Perspective, I guess.

23 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Can't speak for other but including the letters ND in the logo is what really turned me off to it. I don't hate it with the fire of a thousand suns like some but that's always been my gripe vs the having issue with the hawk piece of it.  Then again, you could call us the pussywillows and I'd be fine with it as long as we win some damn hockey and football games. Perspective, I guess.

What?! No basketball, soccer, golf (not sure whatever we have left) love ....

#HockeyFootballOnly #outrage

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What?! No basketball, soccer, golf (not sure whatever we have left) love ....

#HockeyFootballOnly #outrage

I'll rank them in order to get more outrage:

1. Hockey

<Large Gap>

2. Football

3. Women's Bball(they gave us 3 straight nattys)

4. Men's BBall(NCAA tourney appearance was sweet)

5. Golf(holding onto the team is a win tbh)

6. Rugby(do we still have one of these teams?)

7. Soccer

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Money for UND or money for a rogue group of “supporters” 

Well obviously it isn't a UND licensed logo so if they want to market and promote the logo independently they are free to do so and if people want to buy it they are free to do so.

If enough people buy and wear it then maybe it becomes the unofficial logo....could be worse, see Dartmouth(Keggy the Keg)

51 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Those new hockey jerseys they had on last night are actually pretty sharp.  Colors pop, logo blends in. 

The black ND of the logo on the green part of the jersey is pretty sharp, maybe with green helmets the football team should try that with the logo, instead of green on green.

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

They show those ugly ass dazzle jerseys and not those sweet Reebok’s with the sioux logo?

you mean the ones that were voted as the best hockey sweaters, of any league, anywhere ... those "ugly ass dazzle jerseys"....

but do agree the reeboks should replace something..... the nodak 2015 sweaters

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

you mean the ones that were voted as the best hockey sweaters, of any league, anywhere ... those "ugly ass dazzle jerseys"....

IDGAF about that vote, i form my own opinions. Those dazzle jerseys were tacky. The ones after we’re sharp. And if they were going to pick a jersey from the pre Reebok days they should have gone with those sweet black nike jerseys we had. 

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm guessing the Nodak sweaters are on there because they won a natty in them, but I think the Reeboks with the Brien logo should be on there as well.

• Upvote 1