SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

20 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I thought it was obvious I was talking about Bennett Brien's new one.  I'd like to put it beside my authentic Ralph logo in my office that BB personally autographed for me.

Honestly though, pretend you didn't know it was done by BB, you think that looks like a good logo? 

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Initially I didn't see the Sioux silhouette on the right saide.  I saw a failed attempt at making it look like an indian with a colorful headdress.  A couple minor tweeks and you can see it.

hawk.jpg

The plot thickens. Instead of pulling out all the subtle stops he should have just made a good looking bird. He made that amazing welded rebar Hawk that ICON had on their homecoming float. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I have done some quick modifications to BB's logo. Think this looks better. Got rid of the "tear" look.  

Updated 2.jpg

Like it a lot more than that multicolored bird head that was a big reason the the Fighting Hawks won the nickname election..

As far as the Fighting Sioux face silhouette, think that’s a tribute with a dead/ghost person morphing into a Hawk so UND is moving forward and official recognition that that nickname is dead.  It’s a nice way of paying respect to the past without ginning up the PC crowd.  It’s a denial of artistry to denounce that silhouette.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Like it a lot more than that multicolored bird head that was a big reason the the Fighting Hawks won the nickname election..

As far as the Fighting Sioux face silhouette, think that’s a tribute with a dead/ghost person morphing into a Hawk so UND is moving forward and official recognition that that nickname is dead.  It’s a nice way of paying respect to the past without ginning up the PC crowd.  It’s a denial of artistry to denounce that silhouette.

If you only didn’t know and only had this logo to go off of, what would you guess our school colors are?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

If you only didn’t know and only had this logo to go off of, what would you guess our school colors are?

One version of the current Hawk has kelly green ND, the other is black and white.  The Indian head Brien is much like this one,  green is hard to find. 

I'd I were new to ND football and BB and saw the recent uni's on the field/court, I'd assume our color was grey. Hockey is the only sport that still shows kelly green. 

With that said,  I'm not a fan of the new Brien hawk,  and much prefer the shuttlecock or totem pole. 

39 minutes ago, sprig said:

One version of the current Hawk has kelly green ND, the other is black and white.  The Indian head Brien is much like this one,  green is hard to find. 

I'd I were new to ND football and BB and saw the recent uni's on the field/court, I'd assume our color was grey. Hockey is the only sport that still shows kelly green. 

With that said,  I'm not a fan of the new Brien hawk,  and much prefer the shuttlecock or totem pole. 

The primary mark only ever contains three colors. Green white and black.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

That's my major issue with it, the colors don't match up with the primary school colors at all. Trying to imagine that looking good on our current jerseys is pretty tough.

Hit the Walmart in Bismarck Thursday night on way to Badlands to hunt. Was an older Native American couple both wearing sweatshirts with the Sioux logo there. In passing I commented on the sweatshirts. The gentleman smiled and tipped his hat......which was a cowboy hat. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sprig said:

If I was new to ND hockey and say the fans in the stands, I'd assume our nickname was still the Sioux!! Perception matters, but only when it is something you want to perceive as important.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If I was new to ND hockey and say the fans in the stands, I'd assume our nickname was still the Sioux!! Perception matters, but only when it is something you want to perceive as important.

So you don't perceive kelly green as important then. I see lots of Sioux hats and coats at football and basketball as well, and new Hawk jerseys at hockey.

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

So you don't perceive kelly green as important then. I see lots of Sioux hats and coats at football and basketball as well, and new Hawk jerseys at hockey.

I agree with you on the gray.  Not a huge fan.  The new basketball jerseys with green letters on gray are awful.  The dark ones they had last year were much better.  Take my comment as a tongue and cheek remark about #siouxforever fans.  I am with you on the green.  We need more of it not less.  

• Upvote 1

The day that Brien's hawk logo came out I started tweaking on it.  Here's what I came up with:

Browned up the beak, much more green, but left the red and yellow to symbolize the same things that were symbolized on the Sioux head.
zd877QR.png

Also added was a hockey jersey look.  This is one of my earlier tweaks so still has more red in it.  I didn't take the time to add "HAWKS" on it ala the old Sioux jerseys, but definitely would be a plus IMO.
7nzN9aB.png

• Upvote 4