SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

What's your definition of predominately? 

You think the Fighting Hawk logo on the hockey jerseys shoulder isn't enough? Must be forced to be more dominantly displayed?

You want to mandate that Berry wears the Hawk logo front on center on his shirt when he does post game pressers?

A UND hockey player wears more Fighting Hawk logos than a UND football player.

Just like Ralph did when he created the REA, and how come North Dakota wasn’t on the jerseys from 2001-2012? 

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What am I reading this for? 

It’s where the jersey pic came from. So if they unveiled this in 2016 why hasn’t it been used? So the question of why the school hasn’t implicated the Hawk more for the hockey program is valid.

A rectangular logo just does not look good on a hockey jersey. I personally haven't seen if it is on the basketball jerseys front but I'd guess it wouldn't look great their either.  A circular logo or that general shape just works better... Then the words can bend around it.

• Upvote 4

Just now, darell1976 said:

It’s where the jersey pic came from. 

Ok? The pic is from the press conference when the logo was first revealed. It was a quick, poorly done mockup of a jersey. The striping, blank shoulders, and colors of the jersey are all bad. Hence, it looks like a cheap practice jersey. It was obviously never intended to be our actual jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WiSioux said:

A rectangular logo just does not look good on a hockey jersey. I personally haven't seen if it is on the basketball jerseys front but I'd guess it wouldn't look great their either.  A circular logo or that general shape just works better... Then the words can bend around it.

UND has never had the logo on their basketball jersey just the shorts.

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ok? The pic is from the press conference when the logo was first revealed. It was a quick, poorly done mockup of a jersey. The striping, blank shoulders, and colors of the jersey are all bad. Hence, it looks like a cheap practice jersey. It was obviously never intended to be our actual jersey.

I think they intended to put the Hawk on the front like other UND logos in the past but for some reason it’s only on the shoulders, could you imagine the outrage if the BB logo was on the shoulders with a big North Dakota on the front.

16 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

The logo in the front looks better to me. I stole this rendering from someone one here btw.

971345324_Screenshot_20170724-1655542.thumb.png.5c070868ee65509ed6ecfa112a40a81e.png

Screenshot_20170817-154300~2.pngI shad

super quick renderings I had made up when the logo first debuted, I think adding something to the shoulder would complete the look, North on 1, Dakota on the otherIMG_20170724_141349.thumb.jpg.670d3559d35f7c6b6bd4850a84c26caa.jpg

Edited by sethhag
adding to the idea
  • Upvote 1