SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

So Shane Gersich, Tyson Jost, and Brock Boeser are on the first line....looked pretty good out there; maybe they should get a name, although it's a little early...

How about calling (B)rock, (S)hane, and (T)yson the BeST Line?  Or even better, the BeaST Line?

Probably needs a little time to percolate. :)

• Upvote 2

Earth wind and fire

Jost is the down to earth two way player

Gersich skates like the wind.

And Boeser is always on fire the way he can fire the puck.

Too bad Jost isn't a big boy because it could be Girth Wind and Fire.

7 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Clearly Berry needs to keep juggling lines until we can form up an unforgettable acronym.

I'd be up for putting Poganski on the top line with Boeser and Jost.

Maybe they are the BeeJGees  (the J is sort of silent here)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Not sure how many I seen but every face off I noticed Hoff taking he won. 

Who was their last faceoff god, Knight?

Maybe he's the next Knight...

Jost was also quite proliferate on the faceoff as well.

Do we always need to drum something up.... Personally I like the 1st line, or Number 1 line, or the Trump and Billy Bush line, One scores when ever he wants and the other is there to set him up....

I can't believe I said that.... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, ted2you said:

Do we always need to drum something up.... Personally I like the 1st line, or Number 1 line, or the Trump and Billy Bush line, One scores when ever he wants and the other is there to set him up....

I can't believe I said that.... 

Hi-Yo!

My take on this weekend:

Several of our lines are going to be really hard to play against for any team.  Boeser playing with ANYONE will result in production. We saw the potential of the Jost to Boeser combination. 

Poganski and Gardner are in a league above everyone else. Physically and mentally they are game changers and wear down the opponents. Gardner's quick-release goal on Friday shows why I expect 15 from him this year.  

Defense is going to be a work in progress, although TPoolman and Ausmus are ready and able. They are going to have to log a lot of minutes.  CPoolman was the most up to task besides our top two d-men. We definitely are going to struggle defensively this year (compared to last years potentially best ever UND defensive core). 

As for goaltending, Cam looks up to the task and will continue to be steady Eddie.  Obviously wasn't tested much, but looked poised as ever.  

Biggest surprised: Dixon Bowen. Awesome energy, great on draws. That fourth line now looks dangerous and has an offensive upside. 

I see us as a 10 loss team this year. Good, but not 2015-16 great.

• Upvote 3