SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

34 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Well you know how much the NCAA loves us, you don't think they're gonna make us look that good do you???

I'm surprised they didn't say the...the...well, the "new name" about 10 times in the 20 seconds of video

53 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Only hockey team, and ahead of Nebraska and Notre Dame football?  I'll take that! ;)

True.  I expected to be behind them.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/11/16_inside_north_dakotas_recent.php

Pretty good article, I like a lot of the statistical analysis.

Agreed, he points out a lot of positives like our 5 on 5 play.

However, quantifying Bemidji St as a "bad team" at 9-2-1 is a joke.

41 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed, he points out a lot of positives like our 5 on 5 play.

However, quantifying Bemidji St as a "bad team" at 9-2-1 is a joke.

No doubt.  You're looking at the potential WCHA champs right there.
And if they keep having a good year, that sweep will be big for UND's PWR.

• Upvote 3

Just got my email about regional tickets, I moved waaay up on priority points, 1400 now! Not even sure how that happened, think I was 2900 last year???

Oh well, think I will give it a try. I see there are SRO in a club. Is there drinking in there?

Can you have drinks in there, just not in the seats if you are in the bowl?

Go Sioux!

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Just got my email about regional tickets, I moved waaay up on priority points, 1400 now! Not even sure how that happened, think I was 2900 last year???

Oh well, think I will give it a try. I see there are SRO in a club. Is there drinking in there?

Can you have drinks in there, just not in the seats if you are in the bowl?

Go Sioux!

It's probably like the last time.

Alcohol "allowed" in suites.

Limited number of tickets will be sold for the right to enter their bar and drink alcohol (which only has a view of the ice from the tvs).

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

Limited number of tickets will be sold for the right to enter their bar and drink alcohol (which only has a view of the ice from the tvs).

Really? Well I will try for bowl tickets, if I don't get them I will have to watch from my chair...lol, thanks.

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

I will be in my buddies suite once again. I so want a Gopher/Sioux game.

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

This year it sounds like they're doing it up way bigger - using the other sheet of ice (didn't exist for last regional there) and setting up an entertainment deal like The Ralph did at the world juniors last spring, and calling it Fan Fest.  I'm still not paying $20 a person for the entrance fee, but it should at least be a little better for those who do.

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

This year it sounds like they're doing it up way bigger - using the other sheet of ice (didn't exist for last regional there) and setting up an entertainment deal like The Ralph did at the world juniors last spring, and calling it Fan Fest.  I'm still not paying $20 a person for the entrance fee, but it should at least be a little better for those who do.

$20 wouldn't be bad if it was essentially the pre and post party and saving a bus ride from the pool hall. Trying to get a bus back was a cluster anyway.

As it is the my favorite month...xmas and its bestie...the World Juniors, I was perusing team Canada's camp roster.  I watch a lot of WHL where I live, and I've certainly come to know who Carter Hart is.  For those who don't follow the dub, he is a super star goalie for the Everett Silvertips.  So far this year he is 15-3-3 with a .937 and 1.65 while pitching 4 shutouts.  Why should I care as Sioux hockey fan?  Well, he was drafted in the 2nd round by Philly in 2016...you got it..1 round earlier and 1 year later than Matej Tomek...Anyway, this Carter kid is likely to be Canada's #1 netminder for the tourney.  Let the speculation on the net continue...

9 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

As it is the my favorite month...xmas and its bestie...the World Juniors, I was perusing team Canada's camp roster.  I watch a lot of WHL where I live, and I've certainly come to know who Carter Hart is.  For those who don't follow the dub, he is a super star goalie for the Everett Silvertips.  So far this year he is 15-3-3 with a .937 and 1.65 while pitching 4 shutouts.  Why should I care as Sioux hockey fan?  Well, he was drafted in the 2nd round by Philly in 2016...you got it..1 round earlier and 1 year later than Matej Tomek...Anyway, this Carter kid is likely to be Canada's #1 netminder for the tourney.  Let the speculation on the net continue...

Those stats are ridiculous....especially for the dub.  Philly has drafted a ton of goalies the past three years.

The WJC is one of my favorite tournaments as well.  Hopefully the US can get a gold this year. I'm also hoping to see the 3 Sioux players invited make their respective teams.  Even though it may hurt us against Union.