SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

33 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Exactly, Brian. The 2015-16 team had the second highest winning percentage in the history of the program and won a national tile. Outside of the Circus, it was the best team of all time. So, he's saying we may not see a team like that again in 30 years. 

And that was a killer lineup the boys had for their past 4 games.  They had all the ingredients and, for once, caught a little lightning (Schmatz winning goal). 

• Upvote 2

Tickets are now on sale for the series in Duluth on Oct. 28-29.  Lots of seats are still available.  Guess the locals haven't heard they are highly ranked this year.  There must be something else going on in Duluth that weekend as the hotel prices seem to be very high, much higher than last season.

28 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Tickets are now on sale for the series in Duluth on Oct. 28-29.  Lots of seats are still available.  Guess the locals haven't heard they are highly ranked this year.  There must be something else going on in Duluth that weekend as the hotel prices seem to be very high, much higher than last season.

Halloween in a college town.  Fish in a barrel.

16 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Heck, even if you are self-employed, you are never off the leash.

One collar, maybe, but multiple leashes. 

The heavy one that cannot be cut, removed, or broken--Uncle Sam;  The thin strong one--employees;  The well-worn short one--WIFE;   The nice looking one that fits so well you barely know it's there-- Sioux hockey addiction.  

There may be others.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That's what I always assumed too, but a certain member of this site recently told me otherwise so hopefully he's reading. :)

Haha...I know I read they changed it to progressive. Maybe that was for a certain game or something. But yes I still think it's progressive and that started before last season.....maybe:blink:

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Someone always wins. But, I think if it goes unclaimed for whatever reason, they roll it over.

You know this? Or is that what you think? I read I thought,  in an email from the REA prior to last season that it was changed to progressive, maybe it was something they were considering? Seems odd how it's several thousands of $ at the early part of the 1st, and always gets over $10,000.

9 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

You know this? Or is that what you think? I read I thought,  in an email from the REA prior to last season that it was changed to progressive, maybe it was something they were considering? Seems odd how it's several thousands of $ at the early part of the 1st, and always gets over $10,000.

One reason it jumps up quicker now could be didn't they start accepting cards and they never did before? as it's all digital now unlike the old paper tickets...:blink:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

That's because they sell more tickets during the intermissions.

45 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Quick question: does someone at the Ralph always win the 50/50 every night or is it progressive (combining jackpots until a winner).

There was the 2 nite total at last season's Duluth series

• Upvote 1